9800gtx+

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Do you think upgrading my current rig with a 9800gtx+ would increase gaming performence? Or is there no hope left with that weak of a cpu?

Your CPU is't that weak...

However, maybe you should pick up a X2 7750 Be... @ 1440x900, the 8800GS is perfect, anything more is just Overkill

It is. Some am2 boards can support am2+ via a bios flash. Mine could not so I'm going with a phenom II x3 build, dirt cheat with the amdness combo deals on newegg right now.

I just read a review on it and it states
"You will notice that this processor looks exactly like the Phenom with the exception of the branding name. It is a socket AM2+ processor which uses a 940-pin socket. It can also be placed into and AM2 motherboard with reduced functionality, such as a HyperTransport drop down to the boards specification, such as HyperTransport 2.0 in most cases."

Ive done some research, wikipedia states that AM2+ processors will work in AM2 boards with degraded features. It also states that AM3 processors are made to be backwords compatible into AM2 boards. As i researched my board for bios updates, or any info on compatability i came across this. "Dear Customer,
we are sorry that
tech forums 7025-M2 can't support Phenom CPU.
supporting AM2+ isn't only BIOS, but also hardware
there are four models which support AM2+ now
Tech Forums 570 SLI A2+, TF560 A2+, Tech Forums 520 A2+, and TA 770 A2..."
So i honestly have no clue if the Athlon x2 7750 will work in my motherboard or not, but now you guys got me interested in possibly buying that cpu.

Haha, when you put "T-F" it'll put Tech-Forums..

But unfortunately yours doesn't support them

If im gunna go buy a new cpu, ill buy a q6600, and better ram and then a new video card.

Yup, ran into the same issue with my old evga 590, made the switch to intel a few months back and just ordered a quad this week. had to get new mobo and cpu and then upgraded the gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom