9800 GX2 - ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOh

I see where you are coming from, but a lot of high end users have higher resolutions like 1680x1050 and 1920x1200, which is what I'll be upgrading to soon. It's what makes spending half a grand on a GPU worthwhile.

yeah i'm in the same boat, i want to upgrade to a 32" 1080P lcd tv, but my 8800GTS 512mb would have a harder time running everything maxed out. I wont invest in buying a new monitor till a card comes out that run everything maxed out.

I can max out crysis at 1920x1200...but i only have 15 fps. I'd say thats not quite good. But then again, crysis is way way way under optimized.

:S i get aroudn 30 at 1280 maxed out XD of course right now thats my max res so idc much. got more important things to buy before new screen.

hopefully by the time the real 9800's come out ill have a nice fat 24" to stare at.

and even with it overclocked the gap could still be about the same, because the ultra can OC as well ;p i meant 50% stock to stock, my bad.

I still think its stupid that everyone uses crysis as a benchmark when it doesnt even support SLI properly. I actually LOST fps by enabling sli. Crysis is a stupid stupid game that was overhyped and isnt worth a crap. Glad i only paid 30 bucks for it.

I hope it comes out soon, so I can afford a pricedrop on the 8800ultra in order to SLI it with the one I currently have.
Man, it's going to get hot in that case.

I still think its stupid that everyone uses crysis as a benchmark when it doesnt even support SLI properly. I actually LOST fps by enabling sli. Crysis is a stupid stupid game that was overhyped and isnt worth a crap. Glad i only paid 30 bucks for it.

You really hate it dont you?

didn't crysis only sell like 90K?

Also these cards in tri SLIII and CrossfireX actually may make XHD gamers like myself feel more uberness playing at 2560x1600

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom