9800 GX2 - ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: ooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOh

now thats more up my alley. 650 aint so bad. thats what i paid for mine. I was hoping for at least a 50% increase over what I got but 30% will do ^^

*eye twitching*

that's...........cool for ppl who prefer Nvidia or looking for the best card, but i rather get the HD 3870 x2 n probably another later for Crossfire *sig*.

i really can't see it being $1000, they need it to sell at high prices but no one in the right mind would buy it that high. I would exspect around $650.

haha your wrong... the 8800Ultra was $900 when it came out... then eventually fell two quarters later to $600 price range we see today

haha your wrong... the 8800Ultra was $900 when it came out... then eventually fell two quarters later to $600 price range we see today

agreed, top end GPUs are always waaaaay overpriced. That said, while it is said to exceed the ultra, its not the new architecture, and so prolly won't be their top-of-the-line release, so maybe not $900

Mate, in Australia we'll be lucky to get it for $1400. And ill tell you whats funny, i just bought 2 8800gt's and i just found out my mate johnny (pom) can get any card for free and all you have to do is write a 100 word report on its performance and give it to his dad which i presume works for nvidia or something.

Good for me, aye...

I'm selling my GTX next week anyway, so I had planned to pick this up... but, if it's too expensive, then I'll be buying a 3870 or 3870 GX2, depending on when it comes out.

Actually I'm probably just going to get the 3870x2. 30% increase over one ultra isn't as much of an improvement as I had hoped it would be.

the performance increase isnt much at all so i doubt it will be over a thousand.
sli ultra can beat this card so yeah, im guessint it will be in the 7-800 dollar range, if so, i might still get it.

I'm selling my GTX next week anyway, so I'm definitely going to pick this up... and if it's really going to be out in february, I might just hold off on buying my new card until it is released. but, if it's too expensive, then I'll be buying a 3870 or 3870 GX2, depending on when it comes out.

HD 3870 x2 comes out, hopefully, late January if not February.

how much u selling ur GTX? My close friend could use it, depending on it's condition......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom