97 degrees C?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chazzer3

In Runtime
Hi Guys,

My aux temp is reading 97 degrees C, and I assume that this is an error, could someone explain where the aux is read from?

Thanks,

Charlie -

PS:

180655722_bba8877ab4_o.jpg

Its a case fan, probably on the front or rear of your case. Depending on the model the temp sensor might not actually be ON the fan, but on the board where the fan plugs in, or on a wire connected to the fan.

Either way, your temps are HOT. Im OC'd at ~46C for my CPU..
you might want to do some cooling upgrades

Im presuming that is reading the GPU RAM but I really don't know. I have a multimeter with a temp line and, if it were me, iI'd testing the video RAM temp.

I don;t know why my cooling is so bad, I've put the vcore down from 1.3V. If I run my processor stock everything it idles at 51+ degrees.

PS, the huge temp has gone.... anyway, I'm considering getting a new heatpipe amd stock cooler, and some as5, and doing that basically.

Charlie -

that'll work... what kind of case do you have... you might want to also do some wire management for better air flow. and if your case can handle them, maybe add a couple of fans...

I'm using a tsunami dream, this is my cable management:

179000366_6af54cf936.jpg

So I don't think airflow is the problem, do you think my heatsink isn't fitted perfectly or something?

Charlie -

I thought it was good. Anyway, I just have the standard thermal pad/grease on this...!? Should I take off the heatsink and put on some AS5 or something?

Charlie -

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom