8GB vs 16GB for Video Editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the looks of it, the 2600k is your best bet. I'm not very fond of Bulldozer, but that's just my opinion. I've always had better luck with Intel. The higher prices are justifiable, imo.

Upgrading to more RAM does not improve rendering times. It depends more on your CPU. So overclocking is suggested like tj said. For now you'll have to deal with the time it takes to render until you can get your CPU overclocked as fast and stable as possible. Although you would definitely benefit by upgrading your CPU to an i7 and overclock too.
My suggestion is upgrading the cpu. Not sure how much time that will actually save you in rendering, though. I've got a buddy who just graduated film school and whenever we talk about the prospects of upgrading rigs for rendering, he always feels it's just the nature of the beast unless you have some killer "rendering farm" somewhere.

Either that or get in a rhythm of putting your rendering off until bedtime. Personally, that's what I do when I need to render video reviews/projects. Just get them set up and queued while I am sleeping. Then come next morning, I'm good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom