8GB, is it do able

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidsteve

Daemon Poster
hey everybody

i'm just looking at 2 kits of 2x2gb strips of ram for my pc and there the same price i payed for my 4gb set i have

now the thing is, is it do able and what not, the set i have now is 4 sticks or ddr2 800mhz but this 8GB set is 1066mhz so theres a slight speed difference but its 2x the compactly

what do you guys think

If you have 4 memory slots and a motherboard that supports DDR2 1066, and a 64-bit OS, you SHOULD be able to. I'm not sure you would benefit much with this, but you would definitely be able to do it.

it support's up to 8GB of 1066mhz memory plus i should of added my os to my pc spec's before i posted

64-Bit vista home premium, do you think it would be worth buying 8GB ram

What kind of apps are you running? Rendering apps may benefit some, and Vista should allocate that extra RAM as best it can with it's new memory management. So, really if you are driving those kinds of apps, then perhaps the 8GB will be worth it.

i'll be gaming plenty, video/music converting and be doing a bit of map editing and rendering on a few games, not sure how much rendering like but there will be a bit

but say if i was not rendering would the extra be used either by vista splitting it up or by me defining how much ram certain programmes use

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom