Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG... don't post things like this you guys are torturing me and confusing me I'm about to make my new rig and I'm still debating whether or not should I get a GTX..:confused: I don't know what to do!!!!!! and July 22 is almost here.!.!.!

I sort of know what you feel, but I'm just going to bite the bullet and get a 8800 GTX, still is going to be a powerful card, and like every other card release, the power is way over hyped and more times than not and it isn't as "sick" as it was hyped. Just like the R600 and G71, especially the G71.

I'm sick of waiting and I've other stuff to spend my money on, why worry about DX10 if you don't even have Vista (and even if DX10 comes to XP it won't be until a while).

Very true. Vista has been out for how many months now?? And was still don't know how long till the first full fledged dx10 game (crysis i guess, at least 3 months away).

Get it man, i doubt you would regret it. They are good cards and i dont think there is a game out that it will struggle with (compared to when oblivion came out...).

Beef & meat you guys have open my eyes and show me the light at the end of the tunnel I'm going to get a GTX period.
I think thats what I needed to hear.

the ultra's come with the higher shaders clocks though... and from what i can see in some games, when both are at stock, that makes the difference of a 30-40% increase in frame rate. and yeah you can oc an 8800gtx to ultra speeds but the ultra can be oc'd really far as well.

i wouldnt saythat is true at all. for example look at crysis, prob best looking game yet, and its basically built rounf the gtx. every video u see of them playin is ran by a gtx and seems to run fairly well for a game that seems to be similar to oblivion to its time. other than that there has not really been any full optimized dx10 games yet.

Quick question, slightly off topic, lol, but all the stuff that they have been showing us of Crysis, did they release the comp spec they were using?
I'm wondering if my rig will be able to run it as well as what they are.

E6600, currently stock, but can OC to 3ghz easy
XFX 8800GTX (too scared to OC this)
2GB A-DATA PC6400 Ram
Shiny Black case.

Yeah... I will poo myself when crysis comes out, it looks so **** good, just hoping that he aint using like extreme quad core and like, 8 million 8800GTXs hooked up together to render each tree.

Cheers,
Sydz

Quick question, slightly off topic, lol, but all the stuff that they have been showing us of Crysis, did they release the comp spec they were using?
I'm wondering if my rig will be able to run it as well as what they are.

E6600, currently stock, but can OC to 3ghz easy
XFX 8800GTX (too scared to OC this)
2GB A-DATA PC6400 Ram
Shiny Black case.

Yeah... I will poo myself when crysis comes out, it looks so **** good, just hoping that he aint using like extreme quad core and like, 8 million 8800GTXs hooked up together to render each tree.

Cheers,
Sydz

i dont think you could expect highest settings at anything higher than 1680x1050, but i think it'll run it just fine.

what kind of screen do you have?

one dude who went to an intel sponnsered event said they were playing crysis with an 8800GTS and it looked amazing
look in the pc game section for the thread on it

22"
1680x1050 is my resolution

well then yeah you should have no worries at all.

thats sweet f2b i sure hope so because im saving up for an g92 but if i don't need it i will gladly save the money on an 8800gts if it'll handle crysis lol. bout time they started coding games right and getting dx10 to do what it was intended to do.

I don't really care if Crysis brings a 8800GTX to it's knees (which I don't think will happen, unless it's a high resolution), because the graphics would still be kick *** no matter what.

That's like not winning the grand prize of 1 million dollars but instead 2nd prize of 500,000 dollars.

500,000 dollars is still 500,000 dollars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom