8900gtx Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulater6000

Daemon Poster
Does anyone know when the nvidia 8900gtx release date is. Also is it going to be better than ATI's R600?

Someone here said that the 8900GTX is being made to compete with the R600.

Some "benchmarks" (no one knows if they were actually true or made up...prob made up) came out a while back and an article on the r600 fade2balck posted a couple of days ago. As for the 8900gtx, this was posted a while back.

So:

r600 (x2900xtx): 512-bit memory interface, 700 million transistors, gddr3 (for the x2900xt version) and gddr4, 1gb memory bandwidth (reference configuration), and two-slotted (i guess that means its like the 7900gx2 with two gpus???)

8900gtx: 80nm processor, 128 shaders, core clock: 700 mhz, Memory Clock: 2200 mhz, 384-bit memory interface, gddr4, 768mb memory bandwidth.

I guess with more memory interface and memory bandwidth, the r600 looks like it will be better; but for what price i wonder? Still don't know the clock frequencies and number of shaders though, your just going to have to wait and see until the cards are actually released (at least to creditable techie sites to give benchmarks) to actually see which one is actually better.

My personal opinion: I have my eyes set on the r600.

According to rumor, the 8900 may not ever show up. However the lower end 8xxx series is said to be ready for mid-April (as I posted above).

The newest rumor is that Nvidia will skip right to the 9xxx series for the high end and the R600 may be delayed even further - to June at the latest.

Who knows what is true.

turtile said:
According to rumor, the 8900 may not ever show up. However the lower end 8xxx series is said to be ready for mid-April (as I posted above).

The newest rumor is that Nvidia will skip right to the 9xxx series for the high end and the R600 may be delayed even further - to June at the latest.

Who knows what is true.

Can Nvidia Name a card the 9xxx?.... ATI already has the 9xxx
wonder what will come next?

I wuldnt think NVidia could name thier card a 9800GTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom