8900 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nerdygeek

In Runtime
Does anyone know exactly when the 8900s are going to come out, how much they are going to be, and how much better they are going to be over an 8800GTS 640? The reason I ask is because I was wondering if I can still use the step up program in time for them to come out, and how much they are going to be. I can get a 30 rebate for my GPU but if I can't do the step-up ting. See where I am going. Any help would be nice. Thanks.

I don't know anything about 8900 series. Nividia might skip 8900series and release G92, 9800 series, instead.

G92 will come out on Q4 2007 and nvidia claims that it is going to be faster than two 8800Ultra

It is slated to come out in the last quarter of this year, before the holidays. I've been hearing around November-December. It's going to be the most powerful graphic card, with a teraflop of computing performance. The 8800s can only give like 300-500 gigaflops of performance. Not 100% sure on that. And I'm guessing they're going to be really really expensive. But this will drive prices down for the 8800 series to make them more affordable.

Man.. you just can't keep up with it.. I wonder how much a 9 series is going to set me back when they come out.

nvdia usally renames their products to suit it up, so the 8900 proberly gonna be a lower cost 9800.

I think they're skipping the 89xx series, and going straight to the 98xx series.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom