8800Ultra vs HD3870 X2 comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look how well it does in DX10.. Nice. [COJ scores]

Do you think this card will do much better once games start being developed with the dual gpu core in mind?

I don't think games will ever be designed with dual GPU's in mind. This card is really the same as 2 3870's in crossfire, a multi GPU technology that has been around for a while just like SLi has. They've had plenty of time to start designing games around two or more cards and in most cases, that hasn't happened yet. While a lot of games do support multiple GPU's, developers can not count on everyone being high end enough to have that kind of system so games are still designed to be played on a single GPU, and if you have more than just one card, then the more power to you.

It's up to nvidia and AMD to continue to improve their drivers and increase the performance of multi GPU systems. Crossfire already scales very well, but SLI still has a long way to go before it is equally efficient.

Whats funny is that games that tout being nextgen and SHOULD support dual gpus dont. I'm looking at you crysis.

It was before the patch. I got basically 0 improvement by using SLI. In the time based demo, i actually lost points using SLI, go figure.

It was before the patch. I got basically 0 improvement by using SLI. In the time based demo, i actually lost points using SLI, go figure.

haha, blame EA. They are basically the reason for all of our game problems. Haha. just kidding people. :D

I cant wait to either go SLI 8800 gts 512 or single 9800 GX2, or maybe 9800 GTX whenever that comes out.

From what I heard 9800GTX is going to be based on G100

So, there is no doubt that is going to be faster than 9800GX2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom