Is 8800GTX worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmanych

Daemon Poster
I am building a new rig soon. Have did have settled on a XFX 7900GTX and now that the 8 series of Nvidia's GPU's have come out I have been curious.

Is it worth getting a 8800GTX so early or wait for 8900 or something? I am just curious because other 8 series GPU's will come out and I think that th 8800 will be obselete after other cards in the 8 series.

Is it worth it to buy the 8800GTX

only budget cards are coming next i thing hence >8800 and it wouldn't harm to get one except your wallet. 8800 destroy 7900 amd any ati that thinks it can stad up aginst it(right now) im also thinking of getting a new 8800 rig

I have the GTS and right now it's level of detail while playing Oblivion is incredible!!!! and I even have it on a S939 4200 system and it still blows my 7900GT away (when I had it of course) I for one think it's worth it, if you have the money.

I love my new 88series card...sure it was a big hole in the wallet but worth every penny IMO

So there are not going to be any more powerful cards besides the 8800GTX? Like, 8900 will not be more powerful?

Isn't that backwards to what it has been in the past?

I am getting a 8800GTS :D as soon as Newegg has standard warranties on them. I don't want to be out 500$ if something goes wrong after 30 days. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom