8800GTX SLI or 9800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who knows, I have heard it will be selling for a bit less... but again it's all too early. Anyway, I have about 600 stashed in an envelope just for my next GPU purchase. If I can't afford the top end model, I'll go with the gts version.

oh yeah just like when the 8800 Ultra came out it sold for less then MSRP right? Oh wait...it was 900 dollars...thats right...

If its the most powerful GPU on the market ( which it will be since ATI competition is pathetic ) then it definately will sell for a premium everywhere

oh yeah just like when the 8800 Ultra came out it sold for less then MSRP right? Oh wait...it was 900 dollars...thats right...

If its the most powerful GPU on the market ( which it will be since ATI competition is pathetic ) then it definately will sell for a premium everywhere

That logic is SOMEWHAT flawed considering the 8800gtx's never sold for that much more than the recommended price. And at the time they had less competition than the Ultra did.

to be honest im not even considering the 9800gtx. im waiting for the next ati gpu as i believe is gonna just kill the 9800gtx. they definatley gonna have somthing big planned i can just tell you now.

The second generation of ATI video cards (R700) will not come out before Q2 or Q3 2008

But nvidia 9800GTX is supposed to be out on November 2007

And R700 might not be able to outperform 9800, just like R600 was not able to outperform G80. So, I don't see any good reason for waiting for ATI R700

to be honest im not even considering the 9800gtx. im waiting for the next ati gpu as i believe is gonna just kill the 9800gtx. they definatley gonna have somthing big planned i can just tell you now.

I'm sorry, I don't want to play the fanboy here but give me a godamn break on ATI having something big planned. I remember hearing this after every nVidia launch, and ATI ends up underdelivering. ATI doesn't even need to advertise with people on the internet hyping up a virtually non-existant piece of hardware, as of now. Cause we all know that the R600 was exactly what it was hyped to be even when we knew the specs....

as said before GDDR5 is along the line of being released when ATI 2900XTX comes out Q1 2008 maybe they are waiting for that,adn they hope that GDDR5 will be an Nvidia Killer. Like when the GDDR4 came out with the x1950XTX and pwned the 79XX series.

as said before GDDR5 is along the line of being released when ATI 2900XTX comes out Q1 2008 maybe they are waiting for that,adn they hope that GDDR5 will be an Nvidia Killer. Like when the GDDR4 came out with the x1950XTX and pwned the 79XX series.

I wouldn't call the performance increase of the xtx over the 7900gtx pwnage at all. It just topped it, and are you actually serious that GDDR5 memory is on the way? GDDR4 has not even been implemented into most cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom