8800GTX SLI or 9800GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingCobra

Solid State Member
Which in your opinion would be greater value for money if i were to buy late December/early January?

Two 8800GTX running in SLI or a single 9800GTX?

Or is it impossible to tell?

Even though we know little about the 9800GTX right now, I am still going to have to say the 9800 from the little that I have heard. It is supposed to be fairly cheap considering its power.

i wish people would wait a little while before they start with things like this.
We know very little about the 9800series so why not wait until we know a little more about the situation.
like when it will actually come out?
how it performs?
what its competition going to be?
how much will it cost?

people hear about something new and they think they have to hav it/ or fear their rigs will be outdated by it too soon

Does anyone actually expect the 9800gtx to be as good as it is hyped to be? Frankly, I don't... and it is still too early to make any predictions about value or performance, the specs aren't even confirmed.

Around 3 to 4 months if November is suppose to be the release date which obviously we can't be sure it will be.

There might also be competition products going against the 9800. So you should wait and see before saying "i'm going to buy the 9800"

Does anyone actually expect the 9800gtx to be as good as it is hyped to be? Frankly, I don't... and it is still too early to make any predictions about value or performance, the specs aren't even confirmed.

I don't expect anything in terms of its performance, but one things for sure...it definately won't sell as low as 650 when it comes out for at least 3 months

I don't expect anything in terms of its performance, but one things for sure...it definately won't sell as low as 650 when it comes out for at least 3 months

Who knows, I have heard it will be selling for a bit less... but again it's all too early. Anyway, I have about 600 stashed in an envelope just for my next GPU purchase. If I can't afford the top end model, I'll go with the gts version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom