8800gt's Sli Vs 8800GTS SLi (320mb)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
I have 2 of each of these cards. All are Evga's and none are the Superclcoked versions. The Q6700 is oc'd to 3.15ghz, the 8800gt's are stock 600/900 and the 8800Gts's were oc'd to match the 8800gt's at 600/900. (4 gigs of Gskill DDR2 @ 800 not oc'd).

3DMark06:

8800gt's in Sli = 16,493
8800GTS's in SLi = 16, 102.

Now my question: Interesting these cards perform at nearly the same levels however, in Crysis, the 8800GTS cards will only run Moderate (using the games suggested internal graphics quality patch) and the 8800gt's run high accross the board. So what gives here? Is it the function of G80 ve G92 GPU's and I thought the two GT's would blow the GTS's out of the water in SLi? I'm thinking I should sell the two GT's and buy the 9900Gt when it comes out?

I would guess that the people who work on these cards, did not worry about tuning the older cards for crysis, while the big deal right now is getting new cards out that can run with crysis. so these new cards, are made to run for crysis, the old ones, are not. that is prob a big diff.

what are the scores stock? jw. Since you did not OC the Gt's at all.

Stock socres for the GTS's = 14,745. They run stock at 550/700. They overclock very well!!

ok, I was gonna say, that score is deceptive. If you OC'd the Gt's I wonder what you would get. or if they had better coolers, like.. GTS 512..

how come your cpu is only at 3.15? benchmark that thing much higher! you could go way up in score I bet.. prob 18 or maybe 19K. specially with OC'd Gt's.

want to upgrade your rig? I will buy your cpu :D

ok, I was gonna say, that score is deceptive. If you OC'd the Gt's I wonder what you would get. or if they had better coolers, like.. GTS 512..

how come your cpu is only at 3.15? benchmark that thing much higher! you could go way up in score I bet.. prob 18 or maybe 19K. specially with OC'd Gt's. I will over clock the GT's and report back...but I get the feeling that I'm pushing the CPU to bottle neck by pushing those GT's very high, Right?

want to upgrade your rig? I will buy your cpu :D

I'm keeping this CPU for quite awhile. :) I'm not the most knowledgeable overclocker. I can't get this beyond 3.2 wihtout monkeying with the voltages and I can't afford to burn this CPU. And, The MSI mobo is not a good overclocking board.

I'm keeping this CPU for quite awhile. :) I'm not the most knowledgeable overclocker. I can't get this beyond 3.2 wihtout monkeying with the voltages and I can't afford to burn this CPU. And, The MSI mobo is not a good overclocking board.

Dont want to fool with vcore? just dont go above 1.55 :D watch temps! :D sure about that cpu? I will give you 200 bucks :D

Dont want to fool with vcore? just dont go above 1.55 :D watch temps! :D sure about that cpu? I will give you 200 bucks :D

Right.....I would have to get up in the morning and drink a whole gallon of fresh squeezzed *******(dumb Donkey they won't let me say ***)
to sell it for $200!!! :). I'll try to run the Vcore voltages up tonight. Should I be adjusting the PCIe voltages up as well?

Right.....I would have to get up in the morning and drink a whole gallon of fresh squeezzed *******(dumb Donkey they won't let me say ***)
to sell it for $200!!! :). I'll try to run the Vcore voltages up tonight. Should I be adjusting the PCIe voltages up as well?

unless you are doing crazy OC on your cards, dont worry about the pci-e volt. That should not give you taht much of an increase, but I bet you can unlock a whole lot more potential.

and the price drop should put the q6700 around 266.. so I hope to get one for a little less than that used... so 200 is not too bad. :D

unless you are doing crazy OC on your cards, don't worry about the pci-e volt. That should not give you that much of an increase, but I bet you can unlock a whole lot more potential.

and the price drop should put the q6700 around 266.. so I hope to get one for a little less than that used... so 200 is not too bad. :D

Well at the moment even used q6600's sell for something in the neighborhood of 200 so I highly doubt your going to be able to find a q6700 for the price your looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom