8800gts G92 SLI power question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I just stumbled onto this card. After looking at the reviews for that 6400+ people have said that you can't really over clock it. So maybe I could go with Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors and overclock it to about 3.5ghz? I'd need some help with overclocking though.. I'm not very experienced in it, and the last time i tried to overclock something in my computer the programs crashed, or the computer became very unstable.

Don't get either

get the 5000+ Black Edition, its a dual-core, cheap, and has an unlocked Multiplier, runs cooler and consumes less power and both processors you listed

Increasing the multiplier once, will push its speed to 3.2ghz, the same speed as the 6400+ and it will perform the same too and run cooler with less power usage

it is so easy to overclock, it almost makes me feel guilty. but i can get over it :) . we have the same mobo i just realized, so no phenom support for you, either. thank evga for that. but, i am EXTREMELY satisfied with the mobo, just not the company that has their name on it.
the only difference between the 5000 and the 6400 is L2 cache, which while showing a slight benefit in gaming, will not be noticeable. L2 in AMDs is not nearly as important as it is with an intel chip.

ah okay, so I should go for the 5000+ BE and overclock. What about my chip now? the 5200+. I don't think it can be overclocked as well though.. because I've tried it before, and I failed miserably.

jeez i'll have the same system as you nagasama haha I'll just be missing a gig of ram

Okay, I just looked at that 5000+ BE and wow.. $88.. I'm liking this!! In fact, I'm going to order it as we speak. But just to double check. You're sure, once i clock this baby to 3.2, it'll basically be the same performance as the 6400+, but it just runs cooler and uses less power. I don't really see why I couldn't just clock my processor now to 3.2.. although the 5000+ BE would probably handle it better. I tried clocking my processor now to 2.9 and I started having problems with my system.

How should I go about overclocking it to 3.2 Ghz

Although I just stumbled onto this card. After looking at the reviews for that 6400+ people have said that you can't really over clock it. So maybe I could go with Newegg.com - AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor - CPUs / Processors and overclock it to about 3.5ghz? I'd need some help with overclocking though.. I'm not very experienced in it, and the last time i tried to overclock something in my computer the programs crashed, or the computer became very unstable.
3.5GHZ is possible on a 6000+, but you'd need some very good cooling to do it

I got 3510MHZ out of my 6000+ using watercooling; that was on my MSI K9A2 Platinum

I was able to make a few 3dmark06 runs at 3495MHZ using my Foxconn C51XEM2AA (Exactly the same board as the eVGA 590)

we have the same mobo i just realized, so no phenom support for you, either.
Didn't you get it flashed with the Foxconn P36 BIOS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom