8800GTS (G92) PCI Express 2.0 x16

Status
Not open for further replies.

KNiGHTMaRe89

In Runtime
Ok, so I ordered this card last night and than today I was looking at my order and just realized something...it says "PCI Express 2.0 x16".

I am running an Asus A8N-SLI Premium which has 2 PCI Express x16 ...it's not 2.0...

Let me guess...I won't be able to run it???

You will.

And you wont lose any performance for not having the 2.0 slot either.

Ok, I was just wondering...so what's with the whole new naming convention???

Sorry, I have been out of the Hardware loop for a year now...I am still stuck in the mindset of the 939 days...lol

the new pci 2.0 has a much bigger bandwidth. It will hopefully be used in the 9000 series, but it is not being utilized in the 8800. Benchmarks show it getting something like an extra 1/2 fps on average

the new pci 2.0 has a much bigger bandwidth. It will hopefully be used in the 9000 series, but it is not being utilized in the 8800. Benchmarks show it getting something like an extra 1/2 fps on average

interesting. thanks for the explanation.

yeah basically it has double the bandwidth and can supply twice the power to the card.

btw nice choice, I just ordered one as well and it should be here the day after tomorrow :D

I'm only on pci-e 1.1 as well

****actually I just noticed you're still running a single core! You're going to be majorly CPU limited....!!!!

yeah basically it has double the bandwidth and can supply twice the power to the card.

btw nice choice, I just ordered one as well and it should be here the day after tomorrow :D

I'm only on pci-e 1.1 as well

****actually I just noticed you're still running a single core! You're going to be majorly CPU limited....!!!!

Actually, check out my new rig LOL. Its an fx-60 (dual core)...I am O/Cing it as we speak...right now I am at 2.8ghz

i would have to run my card on a differ mobo, but i dont want to switch mine to my old one because then i would need to get another activation code for Windows Vista :p, only then will i see a differ with 2.0 n 1.1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom