8800GTS G92 512 Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Zune Guy

In Runtime
Finally put together my pc last night after recieving all the parts during the week. Hardware works fine (although I need a new case, the vendetta II cooler is creating a bulge in the side panel 'cause it's that big!)

Have run into a problem though. It seems I cannot properly install a nVidia Driver for the 8800GTS. I install one and restart the pc as requested, on start up the pc hangs just after the "loading" screen (the screen is on but a black colour). Have tried about 3 different versions of drivers, installed both with the .exe version and manually, it just won't work. I have to restart the pc, load "Last safe mode" and do with built-in drivers. The PC works flawlessly again until I try to install the graphics drivers, then it starts off again

Any solutions because I don't fancy gaming without drivers

PS: System is built with a P45-DS3R (F5 bios), Q6600 G0, OCZ Reapers PC2-6400 and EVGA 8800GTS G92 KO

Re: 8800GTS 512 Problems?

Download driver cleaner here: Download Drivers, you can do this in safe mode with networking if you need to. Then just follow the instructions to remove all traces of Nvidia drivers - do this is safe mode. Simply uninstalling drivers is not enough and yo can get conflicts with registry keys etc.

Then try installing the drivers again (make sure you have the right ones for your OS...32bit or 64bit) and hopefully it will work.

Tried installing it via the drivers and not the website?
I have downloaded all the drivers I tried to use and only now just found the original disk (in the back of a drawer :)) so I will try them

are you sure that you are installing the proper drivers for your card and OS?
Yes, 64 bit Vista WHQL drivers (175.19 I think) downloaded from nVidia site

Download driver cleaner here: Download Drivers, you can do this in safe mode with networking if you need to. Then just follow the instructions to remove all traces of Nvidia drivers - do this is safe mode. Simply uninstalling drivers is not enough and yo can get conflicts with registry keys etc.

Then try installing the drivers again (make sure you have the right ones for your OS...32bit or 64bit) and hopefully it will work.

Downloading now, will post results, hopefully I can get it going.
Maybe the first set of drivers I tried were at fault. I installed them on vista earlier and had to end up reinstalling Vista. But now I have the same problem with the reinstalled version. Pity :(

Same problems, the uninstall didn't work.
There's no IRQ conflict or what not, the graphics works fine until drivers are installed then the problems arise. The driver remover found nothing after I had uninstalled the drivers via the control panel and restarted. Also I used the original drivers for the Graphics.
Could it be a hardware conflict or something with my new setup? I don't want to reinstall vista as this didn't solve it last time. It's very unusual. :confused:

Also I can't seem to be abl;e to change my profile picture or avatar. I tried both the web and from my pc type of uplading, but no good. (Invalid File etc.) Have tried all the possible file formats, using the correct size photo's. Anyone able to offer any insight

Ok, found this site:
Print Page - P45 Neo-F (MS-7519) - My experiences
Same problems with this board as mine. Possibly an imcompatability with the P45 and nVidia Drivers? I'm going to flash my BIOS with F10g BIOS. It say's on the Gigabyte site that F6 fixed "VGA compatability Issues", Woopeee!

Oh and for anyone with a G92 GPU, check this up before you buy a p45 board!

i had um, zero problems with my p45 and my 512. i have an asus mobo, though...not a gigabyte.
Lucky you. Probably would have got an Asus board too but couldn't afford the Deluxe, and when I put the P5Q-Pro in my basket, the Deluxe and Premium models sat innocently to the side of my basket, teasing me.
At least with Gigabyte the differences in there board aren't so pronounced, I lose out on heatsinks by not getting a DS4/5 but I do get a TPM chip :D. Whatever use that is for me though, I don't know :confused:.

In a totally unrelated question, would the HD4870 (or GTX260 Core 216) be enough of an upgrade from my 8800gts (G92) KO to justify getting someone to buy it in the states for me as a christmas gift (I got them an iPod Touch last year so...) or will it have been replaced by then?

(PS: Now the site though that I bought my DS3R off is selling Maximus II Formula boards, and I now have had enough money to get one by now! :()

i just bought a 4870 to replace my gts 512. i think it is significant enough for me to do it. plus, i just like to buy new stuff. :D
i had a p5q pro before i bought this deluxe. it was a good mobo too. not quite as good as the deluxe, but good nonetheless.

What do you think of the GX260 Core 216? Seems to be a decent enough imporovement, enough to take on the HD4870 I wonder...
Well maybe it will be until you put AA up to the max! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom