8800gts benches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Riznarf said:
so whats the verdict? is the 320mb just as good as the 640mb for 1680x1050???

The verdict is, that the 320 will do just fine on 1680 x 1050.

slashnmash said:
btw how would this card compare to say a xbox 360 or ps3?

I believe the high end 8 series, will hand the 360's and PS3's arse to them, on a plate.

Well is it really all the resolution that makes the difference?
It really depends on the texture quality, right? In some games you can set texture resolution. If you set texture resolution to 'Ultra High' or what ever, then it will use more vram. If you set it to low, it will use less, and regardless to what you set it to if you have enough vram to support your setting, the FPS at high texture resolution will be the same at low texture resolution.
So if someone buys a gts320, he can play the same games the gts640 can, except the gts640 can utilize high resolution textures if the game supports using them at the same FPS the 320 can. If the gts320 plays at high resolution textures, the game is going to be choppy because it's constantly having the find stuffs on the hard drive.
Am I right?

edit: either way, gtx owns all. 768mb ftw. no worries.

Well apparently the 8800GTX is twice as powerful as the PS3's gpu, cant remember its name...

GPU: RSX @550MHz

* 1.8 TFLOPS floating point performance
* Full HD (up to 1080p) x 2 channels
* Multi-way programmable parallel floating point shader pipelines

still its only 1 review. ive seen many where the 320 is beaten by the 640 respectivley.
By how much?
edit: either way, gtx owns all. 768mb ftw. no worries.
128 shaders vs 96. the amount of video memory doesn't have much if anything to do with its high performance.
The verdict is, that the 320 will do just fine on 1680 x 1050.
I can attest to that. I have an 8800 GTS 320MB card with a 22" monitor that runs at 1680x1050 it runs C&C3, BF2, CS:S and HL2 quite smoothly.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to the 9800 GTX

128 shaders vs 96. the amount of video memory doesn't have much if anything to do with its high performance.
Yea, that's basically what my entire reply detailed. GG. It was a bit of sarcasm. :rolls eyes: :)

By how much? 128 shaders vs 96. the amount of video memory doesn't have much if anything to do with its high performance. I can attest to that. I have an 8800 GTS 320MB card with a 22" monitor that runs at 1680x1050 it runs C&C3, BF2, CS:S and HL2 quite smoothly.

Anyway, I'll be looking forward to the 9800 GTX

so will i :) after waiting pushing 7 years on this system, it should be worth it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom