8800gts benches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great piece of info. Looks like I am back to the gts320 solution, hehe. I have heard that the 320 can overclock further as well making it an even better solution.

every chip is the same the 640mb and the 320mb wouldn't have any difference in overclockability apart from a millidegree may change due to the extra heat from the ram which obviously isn't being used so no difference in real world terms. Every chip is technically the same but every chip has its own degree of overclockability sometimes your lucky sometimes your not

Very strange !!

But according to other reviews, the 640MB performs much better 320MB at higher resolution !!!!

every chip is the same the 640mb and the 320mb wouldn't have any difference in overclockability apart from a millidegree may change due to the extra heat from the ram which obviously isn't being used so no difference in real world terms. Every chip is technically the same but every chip has its own degree of overclockability sometimes your lucky sometimes your not
the 320MB version and 640MB version require a different PCB, plus the 640MB version has to address more memory. (I'm pretty sure the GPU's have a memory controller onboard)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom