Which 8800GTS 512MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
main reason is that they have dropped COMPLETELY the support for my motherboard. ie no new bios updates, no fixes for the things that have never worked properly ie first packet and ethernet sharing. i paid a lot of money for this mobo, from a company i thought took care of its customers no matter how small.
secondly, they will not even attempt a bios that will support the phenom quad core, unlike many other companies.
thirdly, they are offering a deal to people with 680i intel boards to trade up to the 780i boards for just like, the difference in price and shipping. so, i asked if they would offer the 590sli owners the same deal when the AMD 7 series boards come out, since they have abandoned the chipset and they were like, "we're not doing jack **** for you".
in effect, i will be buying a 7 series mobo, but CERTAINLY not an evga. and if i hadn't bought my 8800gt before all this came thru the pipe, i wouldn't have bought that from them either. i can assure you that if and when i decide to go SLI with another card, it will be XFX or BFG. and if i buy a new card, it will be one of those as well.
basically, i feel like they spit in the face of people who were buying theor flagship AMD mobo, and i dont do business with folks like that.

Sucks man. Asus is very good about updates, i know theres an update for my board which does support phenoms. I may just get a 9700 or 9900 when they come out and drop it into here.

I just got my stepped up Gt back a week ago. The only problem with step-up is that you need to have a 2nd card or you'll be sans computer for a week or so.

Also, make sure you register it within 30 days of purchase to be eligible.

I just found this XFX 8800GTS 512MB

Would this be the better deal....it is clocked higher......I am also liking the BFG that is only $299 after rebate.

Newegg.com - XFX PVT88GYDD4 GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB XXX 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

You can get the lower clock one for $299 after rebate and free company of hero's Newegg.com - XFX PVT88GYDF4 GeForce 8800GTS (G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Retail and then just overclock it yourself
EVGA had one that included a free copy of crysis. i'm kicking myself for not getting it as I intend to buy crysis any way so it would have saved me $45

I'll sell you one of the copies of crysis i have for 40 shipped :) I bought 2 Evga GTS 512s and already had a copy of crysis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom