8800GTS 320MB... Should I replace it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carnageX

Private Joker,
Staff member
Well, I got an EVGA 8800GTS 320MB, and I have 46 days left for step-up. I heard these cards were going to be phased out soon (anybody know when?). But, I heard that if I have to get a 320MB replaced, they might have to send me a 640mb instead? Anybody know if this is true or not either? If it is true, the corner of the PC board on the card is bent...so I could probably RMA it and get a new one (because it shipped like this, but it's been running fine since I installed it), but instead of a 320mb get a 640mb? Either that, or I was considering stepping up to either the 640mb or the 8800GT when it releases with EVGA.

Your best bet would be to take advantage of evgas step up. At least then you can be sure what youre getting. It's your call. I'd get the best card out there if I had the same situation.

Hmm, I looked at EVGA's prices, and I could Step-Up to an 8800GTX for (roughly) $320...which is only $40 more than I paid for my 8800GTS 320mb... may consider going w/ the GTX instead then.

I'd say the same, but Oblivion is still jerky at max settings. I might consider stepping up....

I wish it were $40 lol. I said it'd roughly be $320, which is only $40 more than I originally paid for my GTS.

Ebay the card for 200-250ish and pick up the gtx that newegg has on sale for 450 or the ultra that microcenter has on sale for 559. Or hold on to it for a few more months until it actually gives you problems and buy a top end. If you use step up you will end up paying probably 50-100 bucks more than you would if you just sold the card and bought something better online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom