8800GTS 320 SLI vs 8800 Ultra or GTX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheeseking25

In Runtime
Ok. Im looking into the possibility of 2 8800 320s vs a single GTX or Ultra. I know the SLI config will perform better but is it worthwhile for the extra 100$?
I also realize that I will have to scratch both video cards when I do my next video card upgrade but I plan to keep whatever I get for awhile.
2 8800GTS=600$ vs one GTX or Ultra=500-600$

A single Ultra can be on par with two GTSs, so it's not worth it. Plus you can overclock the Ultra pretty nicely. And it won't put out as much heat, as two GTSs.

it would be better if you go with 2 gtx's or ultra...i know it will be costly but its the best decesion for SLI with the 8800 series.

And then you gotta buy a mobo that supports sli, a better psu and a big roomy case for good airflow.

Yeah, I'd say one 8800GTX/Ultra. Same or better performance, less heat, better overclocker (if Ultra) and if you still want SLI later you could buy a second GTX/Ultra and demolish the SLI GTS setup. So buy one card for the performance of two now and then get a second later if needed.

But for now that one card should suite your need well.

First off lets think for a sec just on the ultra vs gtx part...lol... which one do you think would win?

the gts iam not sure but it were me id pick the ultra...

i think he knows this.. i think he wanted to know what the SLi was on par with.. closer to the Ultra or the GTX... you might wanna read....

but the gts 320mb according to b1gapl is about on par with an Ultra... but thats not worth it.... because you can get one Ultra for $550 and 2 gts 320mb's for 280$ each.. i'd personally take the ultra because it's cheaper... and has less PSU consumption... plus you have more choices with what board you want...

i think he knows this.. i think he wanted to know what the SLi was on par with.. closer to the Ultra or the GTX... you might wanna read....

but the gts 320mb according to b1gapl is about on par with an Ultra... but thats not worth it.... because you can get one Ultra for $550 and 2 gts 320mb's for 280$ each.. i'd personally take the ultra because it's cheaper... and has less PSU consumption... plus you have more choices with what board you want...

No you might wanna read... he said if it was worth it being $100 more and all than if he got a single gtx or ultra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom