8800gts 320 or 640mb??

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think the cheapest 320mb will do, i think its 260$ i'm having newegg access issues right now...

If crysis comes out on time, and your friend isn't satisfied, he can always use the step up program to go for the 640 or the gtx, especially if their prices drop you get a good deal. Just make sure he registers his card w/ evga online.

hes expecting close to full settings on crysis because at E3 they said the 8800gts was able to play the game on Ultra (but im not aware if that was the 640mb or 320mb version)

:( ahh for $100 less its a good deal anywho.

Good thing i know im playing full settings: ;)
8800gtx
e6600
2gb ram

If crysis comes out on time, and your friend isn't satisfied, he can always use the step up program to go for the 640 or the gtx, especially if their prices drop you get a good deal. Just make sure he registers his card w/ evga online.

or he could just add another card and run it in SLi

ur not actually expecting to play crysis at full settings with that setup right?? u could go for medium high, but full settings seem a bit high expectations...

I am, but im not expecting my friend to.

The recommended system setup is:

"CPU: Dual-core CPU (Athlon X2/Pentium D)
Graphics: Nvidia 7800GTX/ATI X1800XT (SM 3.0) or DX10 equivalent
RAM: 1.5GB
HDD: 6GB
Internet: 512k+ (128k+ upstream)
Optical Drive: DVD
Software: DX10 with Windows Vista"

I also heard that crysis was running on full settings (Ultra) at the E3 demo using a gtx
(edit) I could be wrong, but i dont mind having low fps as long as it stays somewhere above 20-25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom