8800gt Vs 3870

Status
Not open for further replies.
i've heard that the 8800gt still wins. but you would definitely have to consider price. however im not sure of the difference in performance between the 2.

The 3870 is almost about 22% slower than the 8800GT. But you have to consider the $60 price difference.

ATI will improve the drivers soon enough to come very close to or even exceed the 8800GT. Plus, it might have some more overclocking headroom.

I'd give it another week or two before you make a decision, and maybe wait out for the 8800GTS G92 Revision, which is speculated to not only exceed a GTX, but even the Ultra.

The 3870 is almost about 22% slower than the 8800GT. But you have to consider the $60 price difference.

ATI will improve the drivers soon enough to come very close to or even exceed the 8800GT. Plus, it might have some more overclocking headroom.

I'd give it another week or two before you make a decision, and maybe wait out for the 8800GTS G92 Revision, which is speculated to not only exceed a GTX, but even the Ultra.

omg i knew this would happen, nvidi screwed up there 8800's series, but ati is messed up with the 3870 hopefully they will get better drivers, and will run a litle faster, but then again everyone was hoping this for the hd2900xt and that didnt happen.

15% actually

card looks good to those who can't genuinely afford an 8800gt, but keep in mind that nvidia has new drivers released about every week now with improvements

How much is the 8800gts revision going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom