The 8800GT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man these things are warm, just surfing the net and such, I am running at about 61C, gonna be scary hot while gaming.

Go into rivatuner and set the fan to 50%. For some reason the fan is set to only 29% thats why they run so hot. At 100% they sound like a hair drier but they stay cool, anything over about 60% and they start to get loud.

also @deadpixel, i think im going to set both of my to 720 and shoot for 3.8 on the quad and go for 19k on 3dmark06 :p When i got up this morning it was a balmy 59F in my apartment, so i should have good results oc'ing.

Go into rivatuner and set the fan to 50%. For some reason the fan is set to only 29% thats why they run so hot. At 100% they sound like a hair drier but they stay cool, anything over about 60% and they start to get loud.

If I set the fan speed control to "direct control", do I have to put it back onto "auto control" when I plan on playing a game?

Also, is the "performance 3d" slider the only one I can manipulate under "direct control"?

This is my first time using RivaTuner and I am just figuring it all out.

I only use rivatuner to set the fan, i use ATI tool for overclocking and artifact testing. But seeing as i can only get about 60mhz extra out of the core and 50 out of the memory i dont really ever bother with it.

hello guys! i was gonna make new thread but since theres already so many 8800GT threads, i figured ill post my question here. i was wondering where did u guys get ur 8800GT and if theres any good sites right now or if i should wait it out. with the current games thats coming to PC, an upgrade is a must! ill be getting a Q6600 along with videocard if im upgrading.

so yeah, price, sites, should i wait, shud i just get it ASAP.

I would wait it out. I got lucky and picked up my 2 cards from fry's for 235 each INCLUDING shipping. They got so many orders they pulled the add within a matter of hours. Everyone seems to be out of stock, and those that do have them are charging 40-50 bucks over MSRP.

Ok just overclocked and having no problems not sure what to do now :(

Core 750

Shader 1875

Memory 975

Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom