8800GT Sli for 1900x1200 or 8800ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

weezerguy187

Baseband Member
I have a 24'' Samsung at 1900x1200. Will the 8800GT's in SLI run better at this resolution that the 8800ultra? Also the 2 will be cheaper...

There are benchmarks that prove the sli 8800gt's beat a 8800gtx at lower resolutions. So I wanna say you should be able to match or beat the performance of a single ultra with SLI gt's.....

the 8800GT's in SLI will be a better choice...at that high resolutions, even one single 8800Ultra with 768 memory will have a hard time playing new games. 1GB of memory in SLI should help higher resolutions as well as SLi are a little bit faster than one of them...in the long run I believe that the 8800GT's will prove to be better

1 8800GT and that's all you need. 2560x1600 is max resolution for it, isn't it?

Not at those resolutions if he actually wants to pretty much max out the newest games. One 8800GT isn't enough for great quality at that res...I mean even a single Ultra has trouble maxing out games on a 24".

1 8800GT and that's all you need. 2560x1600 is max resolution for it, isn't it?

Nope 1900 is max. for 2600 you need the 30" monster LCD. *drools* and a ton of cash. LOL

I can't wait to get my samsung 24" gonna be nice.

Edit~ oh yeah the post. 1900 id suggest 2 GTs. Thats only my opinion though. Depends if you want to spend the money or not, and what you want to do. I'd imagine that two of them sli would beat 1 Ultra. I think. I know they beat a gtx.

You might want to rethink that. 1900x1200 is a pretty hefty resolution. I don't think a single 8800gt is going to keep up with higher settings enabled.

Yep...the 1GB memory of SLI'd cards will help soon enough for games at that resolution. If it were a 22" I would say one GT and then SLI later

SO the 2 GT's in SLI wil handle 1900x1200 smooth? and im guessing its better than having just 1 Ultra, which is more expensive than both GT's!

Well come to think of it.. now I was reading some benchmarks for resolutions (posted on the other threads) the SLied 8800GT seems to be much better then a single Ultra.

SO the 2 GT's in SLI wil handle 1900x1200 smooth? and im guessing its better than having just 1 Ultra, which is more expensive than both GT's!

Normally...SLI has never been worth the time, wattage, or heat. However with this new card SLI can be redefined...

The 8800GT not only is barley slower than the GTX for half the price, but uses a good bit less watts than even the GTS and it's a very low profile card for such power. I was wondering when I would be able to say this but....picking up one of these cards and then SLI'ing them later is a really good idea. Even just going SLI instantly instead of one Ultra is a great idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom