8800GT Sli for 1900x1200 or 8800ultra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
kewl. Then SLI GT's and your laughin. Save some cash too. I don't regret not waiting. But the saving still makes me think lol.

Woot, soo what mobo is best for SLi support? I was planning on getting p5k deluxe. I dont' think it has sli support tho.

I think the 680i is the board for SLI when going with intel.

The 650i is more stable and has been to known to be on par with the 680i if not giving one or 2 frames more with SLI Ultra's.

Until the X38 chipset is released I would just get a good 650i if you really wanted SLI...a cheap one to hold over until the good X38's.

I bought the ultra about 3 weeks ago-ish. Still sitting in the box. MOBO just arrived today with the CPU. But I'm still short RAM and a Case. I think the guy I was getting the PSU off of is backign out so I might have to get that too. bleh. still 900ish away from even USING the ultra lol.

And no the p5k Doesnt support SLI. I Just foudn that out after I ordered. Wasn't all that happy (was gonna SLI Ultras later on) no biggie tho. Saved me some money.

One thing I kinda wished is that i'd waited for the 9 series. buuut im getting impatient with all these parts sitting around. I don't even know when the 9's are dated for release so oh well XD

I bought the ultra about 3 weeks ago-ish. Still sitting in the box. MOBO just arrived today with the CPU. But I'm still short RAM and a Case. I think the guy I was getting the PSU off of is backign out so I might have to get that too. bleh. still 900ish away from even USING the ultra lol.

And no the p5k Doesnt support SLI. I Just foudn that out after I ordered. Wasn't all that happy (was gonna SLI Ultras later on) no biggie tho. Saved me some money.

One thing I kinda wished is that i'd waited for the 9 series. buuut im getting impatient with all these parts sitting around. I don't even know when the 9's are dated for release so oh well XD

You won't see the 9 series for a while. Nvidia has followed a similar path with the 8 series as with the 7 and i'm going to bet they will release an 8900 before they move onto the 9 series. They already have DX10 underway now and the 8800GT shows promising, why stop the trend now? We may see in a few months an 8900GTX even.

I actually can't wait to get some money again and sell my X1950XT 512mb and spend another 60-70 bucks to get an 8800GT 512 once they are down to around 200-220 bucks as retailers say.

oic, I havent bothered watching news on the 9 series. Didn't know about the Nvidia trends either. I was always an ATI fan lol. This is my first intel/nvidia built. Amd and Ati were left in the dust. Though the phenom looks nice. I'll probably stay with intel from now on though. I will say the GT and its price still have me in shock though lol best deal i've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom