8800GT review from Toms Hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anandtech Review said:
We have yet to play with benchmarks on PCIe 2.0, but we don't expect any significant impact on current games and consumer applications. Currently we aren't bandwidth limited by PCIe 1.1 with its 4GB/sec in each direction, so it's unlikely that the speed boost would really help.

phew....i worried myself too much

good news. i wish someone would actually get these things in stock.

After reading the Toms hardware review and checking out the Crysis demo performance one thing comes to mind...the ATI 2900xt practically loses in virtually every single aspect...so wheres Apokalypse to defend ATI now? :p

here's a review by ananandtech.

AnandTech: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT: The Only Card That Matters

seems the gt performs pretty close to the gtx.

True and at the same time funny if you look charts from Nvidia the GTS is suppose to be better, but in reality from what have shown the Performance Preview Articles is not.

GeForce 8800

Nvidia have the "mania" to make equivalent of current video cards and make them lower in some technical spec but higher in others that way is making a equivalent of the card more cheaper and at the same time they extend the lineup.

After reading the Toms hardware review and checking out the Crysis demo performance one thing comes to mind...the ATI 2900xt practically loses in virtually every single aspect...so wheres Apokalypse to defend ATI now? :p

The 2900XT is a TERRIBLE piece of hardware. I'm so glad I didn't jump on the 2900PRO bandwagon - I was in fact quite close to doing so...

Remember that Crysis is supposedly to be ahead of current hardware by 2 or 3 years at least thats what said CEO of Crytek if I remember correct.

Crysis is the new Oblivion....

Oblivion was far ahead of it's time. It brought the mighty 7900GTX and many cards to come to it's knees at max quality...it was not until the 8800 series that Oblivion could be played on high quality outside with 50+ FPS and honestly if you enable AA at 1600x1200 Oblivion will cripple an 8800GTS fairly easily outside.

There always has to be a game that will be benchmarked as a standard becuase of how far it's graphics are ahead of it's time.

Pwndizzled
True and at the same time funny if you look charts from Nvidia the GTS is suppose to be better, but in reality from what have shown the Performance Preview Articles is not.
You have to realize they are benching against current 640mbs. the new ones are supposed to have more shaders in which bringing the 8800GT back down to the bottom of the todem pole "supposedly".
Oblivion was far ahead of it's time. It brought the mighty 7900GTX and many cards to come to it's knees at max quality...it was not until the 8800 series that Oblivion could be played on high quality outside with 50+ FPS and honestly if you enable AA at 1600x1200 Oblivion will cripple an 8800GTS fairly easily outside.
Thats becasue Oblivion was horribly coded just like Test Drive Unlimited. I play it quite easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom