8800gt // gts // 9600gt sli..

Status
Not open for further replies.
personally.. I am spending the money on my new rig.. I'm buy ddr2 800 instead of 1066, which is about a 60-80 doller increase.. because of the fact that I don't think its need (yet) to oc your rig and push it.

I like to relate all my hardware to crysis because I built my last pc (5 years old) off of far cry.

I built a 3200 xp chip with a 9800xt (agp x8) and ddr 400mhz ram (right before pci-e was released)

I built that rig and it's seemed to last me up until 2008 games and cost me in the region on 1500 dollers..... so now I'm on the hunt to build another rig that in all honestly, will last me 2 years (without upgrading the video cards)

So with money aside, I'm certain I don't want 9600gt cards because of their performance, and if I'd spend 150 on a 9600gt card, I'd rather spend 200-220 on a 8800gts card if it will perform that much greater...

I am doing SLI!!

I want my pc to run Crysis without flaws.. I don't have to run it top notch but I do want the best for my money so I am willing to pay the extra $100 bucks for the performance of the 8800gts sli (which will give me few fps more than the 8800gt

I did put in the title 9600gt sli.. but after the posts, I'd rather stick to 8800gt sli or 8800gts sli and I am willing to pay the money.. not ready to step up to the 9800 series because of the price but mainly I want 8800gt sli or 8800gts sli you tell me

Have you considered waiting til the end of june for the next cards from ATI and Nvidia? Well worth the wait if you want your rig to last awhile

I wouldnt put the 9600gt's out just yet... I grabbed one at best buy for a comp I am building and decided to try it out on my comp. With my 9800gx2 in age of conan i was getting around 40-60 fps with everything maxed out. I put in the 9600gt and all I had to turn down was some of the viewing distances with everything else on high and was getting about 20-40 fps... I was really impressed with the performance of this gpu.. might buy another to run sli and see how much of a gain that gets me. Just felt like talking so feel free to ignore my thread :laughing:

If Age of Conan likes SLI, then you could probably get better FPS than your 9800gx2

If Age of Conan likes SLI, then you could probably get better FPS than your 9800gx2

I hear it LOVES it...

I decided I'm gona go 8800GTS single right now (on my tiny little 20'' CRT) then once the new cards come out, I'm hoping the price will drop on the old ones, so I can grab another 8800GTS on the cheap :) and then upgrade to iether a 22'' or 24'' widescreen LCD...havn't decided yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom