8800GT Benchmarks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone really imagine that card costing only $249? If the 256 MB version only cost $199, I'd really like to see how it performs.

I agree... the gts takes two slots, runs hot and yet performs worse then a cheaper single slot model!? ridiculous... or tech just took a pretty large jump again to offer it at a lower price then the gts

how would you beef up the gts?? they'd have to give it a new smaller core to do so or change architechture or something...... man this is confusing!! haha, but if card yields those results.. very nice indeed....

we may end up seeing 8850gts' or 8900gts and such pretty soon i guess to keep things back in order maybe?

Actually I think they were just giving it more stream processors. And how would an 8900 card put things back in order? It would just surpass the Ultra, and the 8800GT isn't going to beat the GTX anyway.

8900 wouldnt have to surpass the ultra.. did the 7900gt surpass the 7800gtx 512mb...

and adding more stream processors, i don't imagine that still being an 8800gts.. since when have they upgraded a card and kept the same name?

dont make conclusions until it actually comes out.

we all know how you people got excited when the inquirer said there would be a 9series. but in reality, there isnt going to be (anytime soon).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom