8800gt or 38x0?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The HDCP handshake will work using a DVI-I to HDMI cable just fine, it's what I use when I game on my 32" LG and my 42" sammy. Also, HDCP isn't really in "effect" yet, I'm not sure when it will be. For your Blu-Ray drive for your PC, I'd suggest Lite-On's. I got mine at Frys last week for $150 and am very happy with it. Just make sure you got plenty of RAM to go around. Blu-Ray playback requires hells system resources.

9600GT for sure. Cheap, you can pick a Foxconn up for under $150 I believe, and it'll perform around a 8800GT. For WoW you'll be set set.

Also, just an FYI. When using a DVI-I to HDMI or an HDMI cable to your TV from your computer, you can game on 1920x1080 interlaced on newer (In the past 3 years or so), 720p sets. TF2 looks amazing at that resolution, and I'm sure WoW would look like and play smoothly with a 9600GT at that high of a res.

/thread

Out of interest, why would you get a 9600GT and not an 8800GT? I just bought an 8800GT...see my sig

well the 38x0 series and hte 9600 can take load off the cpu when doing HD stuff so it might be a smart choice to go with either of the two cards i mentioned.

I think 38x0 cards use less power overall. especially on idle (3870's downclock to 300MHz when they're not gaming or doing something demanding)

and mine came with DVI to HDMI adapters.

And yes, the cards take load off the CPU when playing HD video.
I think the ATI cards might be slightly better in that area.

8800gt also takes the load off while doing hd stuff.
yes, 8800 GT and 9600 GT do
9600 GT would be better value of the two.

I think RV670 is slightly better in HD video acceleration than G92 (a bit weird since I don't think R600 had acceleration for video playback)

I think it also uses less power aswell (R600 was pretty bad in power consumption)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom