8800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
newegg is officially sold out.
lol i already have a bid on ebay for my hd2900 card that covers what i paid for it. i just started the auction like 3 hours ago....hmmm maybe i'll even make some money, that'd be a treat.
p.s. i saw at fry's they have the evga card's for like 50 bucks less than newegg. but they are not in stock.

heh... glad I got on yesterday and ordered one then... thank you eVGA... lol.

but just as a side note here, I read a few days ago that only foxcon was gonna have this card... also glad to see that leak was wrong, cause from what newegg had, there was eVGA, XFX, PNY, ASUS, and (as far as I know) as of today MSI is on-board w/ the 8800GT 512MB as well...

but none of them are in stock anymore though, so don't get your hopes up if you didn't get one yesterday... at least from newegg...

saw an ebay auction buy out for around 500 LOL. Crazy kids payin over double >.< I'll wait a bit.. heck.. the pci express 2.0 mobo should be coming soon with some buy deals- maybe save some money on them.

and who thought they were supposed to "out perform" the GTX/Ultra? that would just be silly or wishful thinking.

Sli doesn't seem to matter on these though guys- judgin by it an Ultra would still outperform it, gotta remember price vs stats and its not "double" when you sli (and thats just assumin 2 cards- if you buy 4 and quad sli them then sure itll out perform but your payin like 1,000 bucks)

Even at 300 bucks on newegg- 112 streaming proccessors 512 vram -- mmm sexy. definately best bang for the buck, and if not.. really close to it.. Iam hopin they make or get the 1gigs in- I think I found my card.

Wow! So glad I decided to buy parts for a new computer yesterday. Then this card was up there! I got the evga one for $280.

somebody sure had some money to blow on nothin... $500... they must be outside their minds to buy for THAT much of an increase just to get it before the stores have time to re-stock... morons...

Why the heck arent you guys buying from fry's. I got 2 of them last night for 470 with 2 day shipping. Sad part is, i'll have a boxed card waiting on my sli board and new psu :(

and who thought they were supposed to "out perform" the GTX/Ultra? that would just be silly or wishful thinking.

Sli doesn't seem to matter on these though guys- judgin by it an Ultra would still outperform it, gotta remember price vs stats and its not "double" when you sli .

you're looking at the low resolution. at high resolution it does matter. for the fifth time.
according to the review (which includes two cards in SLI) on guru3d.
DOUBLE the fps. and yes, i know that sli doesnt double because of the price and blah blah blah...but going from that benchmark, it DOES double the framerate at a high resolution.
and for a little more than half the price of a GTX, the frame increase of using the GTX certainly doesnt justify the cost. i mean the gt loses by like 5 to 15 (mostly) frames dude.
2 in SLI at a VERY high resolution would run with a current ultra card. maybe not pummel it. but its (SLI 8800gt) half the price.
by the way newegg had more stock today (punks) now they are all sold out again lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom