8800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got mine.
it's so...little. heh but still a monster im bettin...
havent installed it yet. thirsty thursday so im going to the bar first.
i'll post results later tonite.

i got mine.
it's so...little. heh but still a monster im bettin...
havent installed it yet. thirsty thursday so im going to the bar first.
i'll post results later tonite.

whats up with the 2900Pro man, that thing for sale?

Gonna drink before the install? Sounds a little crazy....

So nagasama is going to go get drunk THEN try to install the card? This should be entertaining. Look for a norcent type emergency post.

Thread title:
OH GOD I THINK I BROKE MY 8800GT. WHAT SHOULD I DO!

Oh btw, keep an eye out for bends, the slot cover that slides into the case on mine was bent and wouldnt mount right until i fixed it. Not a huge problem but it gave me a "WTF" moment when i was trying to instert the card.

edit: to the above poster, i think he already sold it for 320 on fleabay.

You and Vdub need to post your 3dmark scores soon. :D

my 3dmark is showing a little lower than the hd2900.
cpu @2.85
ram @ 408mhz
card running @ 665/950/1662

i think that with the HD, i was just breaking 10K with
cpu @ 3
ram @ 400ish
card was way high.

bear in mind the clocks were A LOT higher on the Pro than they are on the 8800gt.
this card is running a (very) little faster than my SLI 7900gs' and giving a better score.
this is the only bench i am going to run.
here's my OPINION:

8800gt is a better card. it costs (some of them anyway) a little more BUT...it consumes less power (but its hotter). its smaller.
the architecture is MUCH more efficient. the fan is actually quiet at 70%. at 70% on the PRO, it sounded like a blow dryer, im serious.
i think my cpu is bottlenecking the card, as when i raise the cpu clock, score increases yet i have the card the same. oh...if only i had apok's 3.5ghz 6000+. i wont press my 3600 much past 3ghz at all.
or even one of those intel thingy's lol (there i said it).
i am curious to see benchmarks on a really well overclocked intel (or top end AMD).
as i have stated numerous times in the past...Nvidia's control panel and overclocking tools are much more (IMO) user friendly than ATI's. almost makes it worth it right there. the next set of drivers will help this card a bit i think.
i dont think they are quite the overclockers we all had hoped, unfortunately. but...they really dont need to be, they are quite adequate at stock.
two of these cards in SLI will be scary. i cant wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom