8800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nagasama

disgruntled ex-moderator
when o when will newegg have them? looked this morning....nada.
anyone know? i will go ahead and buy one to go toe to toe with my 2900 in the same system. then keep the one that performs better. if 8800gt is anything close to what the reviews are showing would like to put them in SLI wo0t he(( yeah!
then we will have a comparison from someone (me, lol) OUR community.
i am concerned about he temps i have seen in other reviews with the 8800gt...
in any event, when can i get one at the egg? anyone? anyone? bueller? bueller?

it will perform about equal to the gts 320 i heard

It already beats the GTS 320.

anime_dude07 said:
I thought the gt was s'posed to tear the gts versions to shreads, even the 256 is supposed to out-preform everything else out so far... or am I wrong?

You are correct.

nagasama,

Newegg usually is the slowest at getting these kind of things, compared to other sites.

Buy.com - MSI GeForce 8800GT 512MB DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 Dual DVI Video Card - NX8800GT-T2D512E OC
NCIXUS.com - Buy XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB 600MHZ 1.8GHZ GDDR3 PCI-E DIRECTX10 Video Card - PVT88PYDF4.
NCIXUS.com - Buy EVGA E-GEFORCE 8800GT Superclocked 650MHZ 512MB DDR3 PCI-E Dual DVI-I HDTV Out DIRECTX10 Video Card - 512-P3-N802-A1.

Funny you say that searched 8800GT and no sites showed up that they had it lol.

BTW buying the card this week :)
PS: eVGA does not eve have the 8800GT listed in their site lol.

When are these comng to the UK?
Also how would 2 of these performe compared to an 8800GTX?

anime_dude07 said:
*edit*
just saw some bench marks... looks like the 8800 ultra is out-preforming that GT... hmm...

lol...What did you expect?

sailpog said:
When are these comng to the UK?

They can be pre-ordered:
Components » Graphics and Video » NVIDIA 8800 GT Series - Overclockers UK
Graphics Cards Nvidia - nVIDIA GeForce 8 Series - Ebuyer

sailpog said:
Also how would 2 of these perform compared to a 8800GTX?

Looking at the benchmarks of the GT, I'd say on par, or out-perform. I'm leaning more towards out-performing a GTX.

From the benchmarks it is just below the GTX, so I'm sure two of them in SLI would outperform both the GTX and Ultra.

Yes but only some games actually support SLI and if it takes 2 GT's to match a gtx, im still going to take a GTX for power issues and the fact that its a lot easier to maximize the performace of a single card vs 2. Now, bring on the Ultra price drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom