8800 Sli?

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
How exactly are SLI cards compatable? Do they have to be exactly the same or just the same GPU?

For Example:
8800 GTS 320 MB + 8800 GTS 320 MB = Good

Would a 8800 GTS 320 MB + 8800 GTS Superclocked 320 MB work? I'm assuming it would since the superclock just means it was factory overclocked

Then... would a 8800 GTS 320 MB + 8800 GTS 640 MB work? The ram sizes are different, but other then that they are the same right?

How exactly are SLI cards compatable? Do they have to be exactly the same or just the same GPU?

For Example:
8800 GTS 320 MB + 8800 GTS 320 MB = Good

Would a 8800 GTS 320 MB + 8800 GTS Superclocked 320 MB work? I'm assuming it would since the superclock just means it was factory overclocked

Then... would a 8800 GTS 320 MB + 8800 GTS 640 MB work? The ram sizes are different, but other then that they are the same right?

yes and no, but a step up to the GTX is a cheaper alternative

ok thanks

well I realize that buying a single 8800 GTX is more economical and in the end better for my PC, I don't have that sort of money now and I won't be buying the other GTS for a good year or so when the prices start going down (1 is more then enough for my gaming preferences)

No, both has to be the same clock speeds in order for it to work.

So get two of the same brand cuz it will be guaranteed to be the same 100%. In order for SLI to work, you have to have two graphics card capable of doing it and with the same exact specs.

No, I think you can sli a Superclocked card with a standard version. And I also don't think they have to be the same brand. But you can't mix cards with different ram sizes.

Also people have had success with mixing card brands with the same GPU, but it is risky.

you can mix n' match brands... in older SLi configs you couldn't do that... because of the drivers, but now you can...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom