8800 Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the **** would you know it if it were you or not? They going to make everyone rip off the hsf and check the chip date? And then stiff them with a crap card and invite them to lunch?

Who writes this ****?

EDIT: lmao... I went to their "secret" page

"One Last Question...

Congratulations! If you made it this far, we are pretty sure you are NOT an NVIDIA lawyer, or from ATI. Have a beer on us.

We have just one more question for you... Do you know what day it is today?

Yes, my friend, it's April 1st. Adrian's uncle was born on this day, but it's really more commonly known as April Fool's Day.

Unfortunately, there is no secret page where you can buy cheap NVIDIA cards. How we wish it were true though. Graphics cards are so very expensive.

The good news is that there is no such bug in the vertex shader of the G80. So, if you are an owner of GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS cards, you can relax on that count. Your oh-so-expensive graphics cards are not crippled in any way.

But if you are one of those who were, just moments ago, feeling vindicated that it was the card that caused your gaming skills to suffer, we are sorry to bust your chops but as they say, don't blame the tool, blame the user.

wtf? of course its true, ati and nvdia haven't perfected their video card drivers yet. Even though 8800 supports direct x 10 the drivers are not ready. you'll get a 50% better performance with XP. know what your saying before typing it

wtf? of course its true, ati and nvdia haven't perfected their video card drivers yet. Even though 8800 supports direct x 10 the drivers are not ready. you'll get a 50% better performance with XP. know what your saying before typing it
Know what *IM* saying before typing it??? :snob:

Read this:
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/graphics-card-rankings-139202/

and if you don't agree with the above stickied post:
DailyTech - NVIDIA "G80" GeForce 8800GTX Performance Explored

almost a %50 percent increase.. thats with the "bugs" :rolleyes:

In almost all of the reviews I didn't see not one person say that they had a problem benchmarking a game because of the driver incompatibility.

Now i do know that their are problems with vista, but more of them have been fixed with the recent updates..

I have a 8800gtx and I've experienced NO driver bugs.

Still don't believe me? :freak:
8800 benchmark - Google Search

**EDIT**
After re..re.. re reading your post i realized your post didn't make any sense at all.. so i could easily have misunderstood what you were trying to say.

what the FUNK is wrong with you people???

AUGH!!!

This is from the SAME FLIPPIN page, you idiots... http://www.techarp.com/0104.htm

"Yes, my friend, it's April 1st....more commonly known as April Fool's Day.

there is no such bug in the vertex shader of the G80. So, if you are an owner of GeForce 8800 GTX/GTS cards, you can relax on that count. Your oh-so-expensive graphics cards are not crippled in any way."

The WHOLE thing was a gag... It's APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!

APRIL FOOLS

APRIL FOOLS

APRIL FOOLS

THANKS ALOT I now have a big brown stain in my new chair. I just built my computer friday with 2 8800 gtx. Check out my thread under pics of new rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom