8800 GTX stable with no screws? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 04:39 PM   #21 (permalink)
(>-_-)>

Send a message via AIM to dashogun Send a message via MSN to dashogun Send a message via Yahoo to dashogun
Default Re: 8800 GTX stable with no screws?

Gabb I'll take a picture of mine and I'll post it in a sec.

My computer is now officially out of date :<
Old 08-25-2007, 04:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
(>-_-)>

Send a message via AIM to dashogun Send a message via MSN to dashogun Send a message via Yahoo to dashogun

Had lots of time so made a video

click me

Maybe your case doesn't have the same clamps as my Armor.

Old 08-25-2007, 05:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to phucng_10 Send a message via Yahoo to phucng_10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabb View Post
pfft computer parts aren't that much money...especially when you compare them other items like trendy clothing or even worse, car parts!
I'm not working, yet. Once I work and get some money, I'll probably spend it on the P35-DS3R, 8800GTS (might not get the 9 series), Crucial Ballistix, new tower, and the other money might be used to go out with friends, buy some clothes, and just use it on some random stuff.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #24 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb

WTF dashogan you have a Thermaltake armor case AND a P-35 DSR3 just like me, but my screws don't line up and yours do? I'm almost 100% positive I mounted the mobo correctly and as far back as it would go. Not only do you have your plastic things on but your thing is screwed in as well!
X-Fi Xtreme Gamer card, Logitech G5 series 2
Corsair K90 keyboard, Dell 24" U2412M monitor
Old 08-25-2007, 06:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
(>-_-)>

Maybe you 8800gtx fits better:freak:

Old 08-25-2007, 06:26 PM   #26 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashogun View Post
Maybe you 8800gtx fits better:freak:
no it doesn't. I am incredably angry at this strange PARADOX of reality! WTF I mean we have the same case and mobo...yours fits...mine doesn't...different revisions or some crap? I almost want to hire a private investigator to find this out. Questions like this really **** me off. BTW if you already screwed your 8800 GTX theres absolutely no need for the plastic clamp thing as it will literally offer no more additional support.
Old 08-25-2007, 06:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
(>-_-)>

It will require some force when you first apply it. The plastic should loosen up after you get it in the first time. Are you sure it's absolutely impossible? I mean the 8800gtx is mounted in place next to a metal edge. Pressing hard on it wouldn't do anything bad.

Old 08-25-2007, 07:39 PM   #28 (permalink)
gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashogun View Post
It will require some force when you first apply it. The plastic should loosen up after you get it in the first time. Are you sure it's absolutely impossible? I mean the 8800gtx is mounted in place next to a metal edge. Pressing hard on it wouldn't do anything bad.
Er I'm not talking about the plastic thing, I tossed that aside a long time ago. My main concern is how you were able to screw your 8800 GTX with the same case and mobo and I was not. My 8800 GTX is a few millimeters away from the back and as a result the metal bracket thingy is blocking the hole to screw it in. From your pictures however, it is clearly seen that your 8800 GTX is screwed in and the plsatic clamps locked on ( really unnecessary ), and I was wondering how could this be. I didn't make a mistake in mounting the mobo cause I would have noticed a different set of 7 mounting holes 2-3 milimeters next to eachother and I would have taken time to think which one to go with. From what I remember there was no other holes even around so it had to be the correct mounting stance. The mobos stuff ( mouse/keyboard/USB ports etc ) are lined up correctly and everything and somewhat sticking out.

Question: With careful observation I noticed your metal brackets do look slightly different ( since you have an MSI 8800 GTX ), from the picture it looks like your missing 2 rectangular holes at the very end of the mobo ( which I have on mine ) am I correct? ( hopefully I can get a friggin digital camera to upload pictures ). Maybe MSI made their metal bracket longer or something...
Old 08-25-2007, 07:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
(>-_-)>

Sorry for my misunderstanding. As for the screws, I do remember that my 8800GTX was off, but not totally off. I probably shifted the metal mount 2mm to the position I want. Once you can get the screw a millimeter into the hole, the screwdriver should set the GTX in place easily.

Closed Thread