8800 Gtx?

Status
Not open for further replies.

augest

In Runtime
With my new rig this year, I'm really lookin into going more NVida then ATI.
With the new Duo 2 Core's out, I'm lookin for both a great new video card an mother board for the new cpu's.
I've just ordered my new 700 Watt psu. An I'm also wanting to run two of the video card's I get, SLI. Crossfire didn't really interest me. Since I'm such a big fan of Intel as of late. I think a full switch to more Intel supported video card's would be good as well.

I'm not to shure about all of NVida's card's. If I'm right the 8800 is the current big boy out on the market? Also XFX is the best one to buy?

I'd like to know the best or the biggest current NVida card's out right now, That I will be able to run SLI. Also a nice mother board to run the card's, An my new cpu's.

My question is as states. But also am I makin the right choice by switching from ATI? ATI is the only current brand that has a 1 Gig card out. Is it worth it to get two of them an run in Crossfire or cheaper an better to switch an get two of NVida's biggest card's (8800)?

Thank's for the help. Alot of sick game's coming out in the new year that I can't wait to get gaming on with my new pimped out rig!

Well 8800gtx is the fastest card out right now. And right now yes swicthing to intel is the right choice.

A 700w psu is overkill unless you are series about running sli 8800's.

I have no idea when, but ati is coming out with a dx10 card called the r600, but it isnt said to be released anytime soon.

Thank's for the reply.
I've been a Intel Fan ever since the P4. Before then all 9 of my computer's I put AMD's in them.
After the P4 an the new Duo's, I was sold for shure.

But my question is. Is the switch from ATI to NVida a good one?

With Vista on it's way in the coming week's, I for shure want DX10. An out of my time of searchin, The 8800's seem to be the best for gaming.

A 700 Watt maybe over kill right now, But I'm not done putting all my power hungry stuff in there. :) Right now just lookin for the two best gaming card's out there an a nice mother board to put them on with my duo's. Maybe I need to make a new post bout that?

Thank's!

Okay so if you were to order that stuff RIGHT NOW, then you would want a 8800gtx, or sli. c2d e6600 or 6800 if you have a bottomless budget. 680i chipset motherboard, 2 2gb sticks of ddr2 800mhz ram. I think g skill has some good stuff.

Ok thank's so much. I'm not buying this stuff just yet, Since I wanna wait till Vista come's out. Plus finding a case to my liking as well. These are big card's, An take's up alot of room.

I looked at the 6800's, An they should be awesome to oc. Can't wait to get my hand's on them.

Two gig's of ram didn't seem enough. Even with my current small gaming rig I put 4 in. It helpped alot! So I would want the same effect with the new rig.

I don't have a bottemless budget! But I know when you pay out more to get the better it not only last's you longer but give's you much more fun out of it.
If I'm going to spend money on a new one, I wanna go over kill some anyway.

Ya the ram I was talking about is 4 gb, 2 sticks of ram that are 2gb capacity each :)

And for a case I think full tower should be your standard. Lian Li, or cm stacker.

the things you are wnating will run your pc up into a few thousand dollars. the 8800gtxs are $600, so thats $1200 already. 2gis of ram will be $200 for decent ram and $300for good ram. the good processors will run you >$600. so you have better have alot of cash.

Ya I think he already knows that. :) to even think about really getting sli 8800 you had better have a big budget.

Man I just could not bring myself to even put a 4 figure price tag on video alone.

that case you suggested ive considered to buy myself. The only problem is when i read some reviews at newegg in order to fit the 8800GTS or even the GTX you have to pull out the 2 front fans...so I have chosen against that case.

Through days of searching i have settled upon a case that i am sure will fit my desire and hope it fits yours too.

Here:

Thermaltake Black Full Tower: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16811133021

This one comes with a 200MM fan on the side and as 4 fans in side 2 120MM fans and 2 80MM fan. It is a very quite case for all them fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom