8800 GTS SLI or just one 8800 GTX?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonhtml

Baseband Member
currently, i can either get 1 8800 GTX or 2 8800 GTS graphics cards. do you think SLI with the GTSs is better than 1 GTX? ive read the stats on how good SLI works, and im not sure if there will be much difference. anyone happen to have done this configuration and tested it?

Sora said:
1 8800GTX beats SLI 8800GTS currently and produces less heat and takes less watts.

wrong. Show me the benchmarks.

8800GTS SLI beats 1 8800GTX in "almost" every category. Less heat and less watts is a given.

i don't know where you found... or think 1 gtx is better than 2 gt's.... thats just plain wrong

fe.png

pr.png

3dm.png

fex.png

it all depends on your resolutions... and what you pla... don't just go and say things like 1 gtx is better or as good as 2 gts'

some games will utilize SLi far more than others.... and in dx10.. who know's 8800gts' in SLi just may kick the crap outta 1 GTX

I am a little worried about getting a second 8800GTS because it would sit right below my first 8800GTS, therefore blocking the intake fan. That can't be healthy.

Plus SLI is never worth the money, because you're paying I think 100% more, for a 10-30% increase in performance. I think SLI is only useful in extreme resolutions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom