8800 GTS runs Really *HOT*... - Page 5 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 10:05 PM   #41 (permalink)
Camera junky

Default Re: 8800 GTS runs Really *HOT*...

ya there is an australian girl who is an exchange student and she hates the humidity in canada. Those are average temps
my 7900gt used to idle around 48 and go up to 70 dsometimes up to 80 under load

https://www.flickr.com/photos/poizen22/
intel Core I7 8700k@ 5.0ghz-Nvidia GTX1080 ti ftw3-Aorus 5 z370 mobo-16gb ddr4 G-Skill trident Z rgb 3000mhz - 1tb samsung 960 pro, 2tb wd blue- thermaltake rgb 750w gold-Phanteks pro M TG- Samsung CHG70 1440p 144hz 32 inch QLED.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:16 PM   #42 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

dang....

Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR X1950XT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 VIVO Video Card with Artic Cooling Fan - Retail

why would u recommend that??? its freaking 254$ i'd rather get the 8800gts 320mb

I do not accept help requests and/or deleted threads/complaints by PM, Profile or IM/Email. Just ask on the forums! Also, I do have Lockerz invites if you want them, feel free to PM me your email if you want one :0

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the
or under my avatar; it helps me know that my advice actually helped you.

.. But things don't go according to plan! My Actual Rig, 2009:
Old 07-13-2007, 10:19 PM   #43 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
California is the most over-rated place to live in the US, right behind Florida. I would much rather live in Tennessee or in the rocky mountains in Colorado. To me, California is way too liberal, overcrowded, and over priced. Any place that does not snow isn't my taste, I think snow is fun and when it's not all stomped on by little kids it's also very pretty. I like having seasons, I like to go swimming in the summer, and go snowboard in the winter (not much snow where I live to snowboard but it wouldn't take long to get to a place that does).

As far as less natural disasters? lol

Earthquakes, rock slides, mud slides and don't forget the massive wild fires. Any time where my house might fall down a cliff sounds like a natural disaster to me.

This got off topic big time lol.

EDIT:

Best Places to Live 2006 - Money Magazine

I guess they didn't include "making your dreams come true" as one of the aspects for the contestants. lol

I will say San Diego is a wonderful city and would be a nice place to live, especially compared to the rest of CA. Except it is also one of the most expensive.

Thats really hilarious how you brought up that CNN article, since I was talking to my friend about it a while ago. He used to live in Sugerland, texas and I even visited him, guess what he moved out cause his entire family couldn't stand the humidity. Neither could I for my brief visit. How could the article completely disregard that huge fact, and just list Sugarland as #3 on the best places to live, to me thats total bull.

Sure I could get a mansion in these crappy areas, but theres a reason for that, cause no one else wants to live there. Unfortunately since California is such in high demand, of course the land values will be boosted. Like I said, California aint for the ones who can't afford it, but to me a sunny day bright blue skies ( almost every day so far in the summer ) and a day at the beach or playing basketball is priceless.

The natural disasters you mentioned are pathetic. Ive never had a mudslide, rockslide, or wild fire near my area. If you want a lesson on BIG natural disasters go look up what happened to Lousianna and Florida, where entire cities have to be evacuated and the military has to be brought in to help. We haven't had a big earthquake in 13 years and counting...::knock on wood::

Ive traveled to more states then you probably have, so I can say from experience once you live in California, your spoiled and can't live anywhere else in terms of weather. People in the central and east coast probably get used to their crappy weather and probably prefer it. To each his own I guess...

Also if you want snow in cali, just go to Big Bear not too far away. Its ironic how you mentioned wanting a cold climate, since I think its been proven scientifically that colder climates affect the human emotions negatively ( the reason why rainy seattle has the highest suicide rates ).
Old 07-13-2007, 10:25 PM   #44 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabb View Post
Thats really hilarious how you brought up that cnn article, since I was talking to my friend about it a while ago. He used to live in Sugerland, texas and I even visited him, guess what he moved out cause his entire family couldn't stand the humidity. Neither could I for my brief visit. How could the article completely disregard that huge fact, and just list sugarland as #3 on the best places to live.

Sure I could get a mansion in these crappy areas, but theres a reason for that, cause no one else wants to live there. Unfortunately since California is such in high demand, of course the land values will be boosted. Like I said, California aint for the ones who can't afford it, but to me a sunny day bright blue skies ( almost every day so far in the summer ) and a day at the beach or playing basketball is priceless.

The natural disasters you mentioned are pathetic. Ive never had a mudslide, rockslide, or wild fire near my area. If you want a lesson on BIG natural disasters go look up what happened to Lousianna and Florida, where entire cities have to be evacuated. We haven't had a big earthquake in 13 years and counting...::knock on wood::

Ive traveled to more states then you probably have, so I can say from experience once you live in California, your spoiled and can't live anywhere else in terms of weather. People in the central and east coast probably get used to their crappy weather and probably prefer it. To each his own I guess...

Also if you want snow in cali, just go to Big Bear not too far away. Its ironic how you mentioned wanting a cold climate, since I think its been proven scientifically that colder climates affect the human emotions negatively ( the reason why rainy seattle has the highest suicide rates ).
Melbourne is better. Nya nya nya nya nya.

Okay seriously now..

If your card runs hot, get a better cooler. the Thermalright HR-03 plus is a good one for the 8800 GTS. Though you have to get an extra HSI heatsink for it, unlike the GTX
Old 07-13-2007, 10:30 PM   #45 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabb View Post
Thats really hilarious how you brought up that CNN article, since I was talking to my friend about it a while ago. He used to live in Sugerland, texas and I even visited him, guess what he moved out cause his entire family couldn't stand the humidity. Neither could I for my brief visit. How could the article completely disregard that huge fact, and just list Sugarland as #3 on the best places to live, to me thats total bull.

The natural disasters you mentioned are pathetic. Ive never had a mudslide, rockslide, or wild fire near my area. If you want a lesson on BIG natural disasters go look up what happened to Lousianna and Florida, where entire cities have to be evacuated and the military has to be brought in to help. We haven't had a big earthquake in 13 years and counting...::knock on wood::

lol, first time I've ever met a state fanboy. "crappy climate", yea that has no bias at all lol. Alaska is much more beautiful than California but you won't see me moving up there anytime soon, besides I think North America has a wonderful landscape so you can limit yourself in your state and outside of all the "crappy" areas.

Anyways, I opened the side of my case and put a fan blowing on it, dropped my idle temps from 63-65C to 51-53C.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:32 PM   #46 (permalink)
gone

Send a message via AIM to Gabb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefcake View Post
lol, first time I've ever met a state fanboy. "crappy climate", yea that has no bias at all lol.
Everyone has a bias no matter how hard we try not too. I even said people prefer whatever climate there in if they live in it long enough. Just ask the Russians if they love their lovely cold weather.

I ain't no cali fanboy, but I will defend it from other places like "Sugarland, Texas" which my friend couldn't wait to move out of and come back to Cali.

I like other US states too like Newyork and Florida when a hurricane isnt knocking your house down. Can't wait to go to Hawaii one day...

Closed Thread