8800 GTS (G80) vs 8800 GT Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I've noticed that the GT surpasses the GTS (G80) on most tests and games... and so I was thinking of switching over to that while the prices are nearly the same

However... how well does the GT overclock? I've heard the fan makes a high pitched whine noise since its a single slot rather then the dual slot that the GTS has...

I've got some decent overclocking done on the GTS and I'm sure it can beat a stock GT, but how far have you guys with GTs gotten?

On the other hand, I might keep my GTS for nostalgia... one of the coolest peices of tech I have ever had... dual slot cooling is just so sweet lol

I see many of the GTs going to 700 range / 1000 range. Although I heard, that it's not suggested that you run the memory over 1000, on a day to day basis.

My GT was stable to about 720/1000, i think carnage managed to get it up to 750. Unless you are playing on a 20" or bigger monitor i would hang onto the GTS you have until the new cards come out next month.

Although if you are interested, i have a brand new in box Evga GT that hasnt been registered yet that i'm selling.

I see many of the GTs going to 700 range / 1000 range. Although I heard, that it's not suggested that you run the memory over 1000, on a day to day basis.
lol i think sora has his mem insanely high, like 1070 or sumthin like that

mines just below 700/1000

My GT was stable to about 720/1000, i think carnage managed to get it up to 750. Unless you are playing on a 20" or bigger monitor i would hang onto the GTS you have until the new cards come out next month.

Although if you are interested, i have a brand new in box Evga GT that hasnt been registered yet that i'm selling.

I got it up to 760/1080 :D. Running it at 730/1000 on a daily basis. Fan on 75%, idles around 40c.

I keep mine at 720/1050 daily (I bought the 600/900 default one). Fan does make a whine if you have it at 100%, I keep it at 70%, can't hear it at all, and stays perfectly cool.

speaking of which, i have just ordered my second GTS, a EVGA GTS KO SSC...it has been oc'd so will i need to underclock it to run in SLI? or OC my other GTS to run it in SLI?

Got mine to run aquamark at 750/1050

getting some new memory/vr cooling today and ill get some fans blowing on it and ill see what kinds of numbers i can bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom