8800 gt heatsink...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drizzt

Fully Optimized
My xfx 8800 gt alpha dog edition is a freaking heat machine... -_-

And i believe it is the older fan models fault on the card... The thing is too hot and i don't think i can stand it anymore, lol :cool: even if it isn't in my new case...

I'm going to be making an order soon on a mobo and some fans for my new case and i was wondering if anyone could recommend an 8800 gt heatsink that isn't too expensive so i could throw it in the order... I might end up saying F*** it if i can't get one that will keep it at around low 40's at idle for kind of cheap and just stick it out with this card being hot... wait until it frys and then send it back to xfx and they can send me a new one with a better fan.

Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev2
Thermalright HR-03 GT
Zalman VF1000 or GV1000

Are the top three in my opinion. Cheapest being the AC Accelero.

How much worse is the AC accelero then the hr03gt...

Because my understanding is the HR03GT is the best... but it's like 60 bucks... and the accelero is 20 bucks... within my kind of price range :p but if it is sucky i wouldn't mind waiting a few months to buy the hr03gt

Arctic Cooling Accelero S1 Rev 2 VGA Cooler Review

They convinced me... Imma order it i think....

Ok...this
Petra's Tech Shop

and do i need to order a fan with it?

Thanks a ton, the installation looks pretty easy also.

Ok, these are added to my order then.

Petra's Tech Shop
Newegg.com - ARCTIC COOLING Turbo Module Sleeve Dual VGA Fan - VGA Cooling

comes to about $40 before shipping........I guess thats not too bad, and i hear this thing is silent which is a god send -_- the stock coolers on this 8800 gt are loud as balls.

Actually after i get it ill post a review for it... Because i wanna see if it can take my idle temps of 54C down to something sexy... If it does I'll have a nice positive review with Pics for everybody <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom