8800 dual screen set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok well i got my 8800 and its running just swell, so i today i picked up a 24" acer from best buy for 399 with a 50 dollar gift card coupon, i'd rather take 50 bucks now rather than deal with a 100 dollar rebate that i may or may not get 2-3 months down the line. My problem lies in that im not getting any options in the video settins for dual monitors, i have my old 20 inch hooked up to the secondary output, is there something special i need to do?

I think there is a program which enables you to setup dual screen monitors. Someone posted the link up before but I don't seem to remember whom would of posted it.

its in ur forceware thing, its there... its here on the forceware... but i can't find it... (this is the lib's system)

Right click desktop.
Properties.
Settings tab.
Advanced.
Select your graphic card's tab.
Go to something like monitor setup or screen setup.
There is a selection of dualview, horizontal span, vertical span, and clone.

Ya i checked the the normal settings property but it doesnt give me any option for dual monitor. I tried using the horizontal span but it looks like crap since one monitor is 1920x1200 adn the other is 1680x1050.

On a sidenote, this monitor was totally worth the 399 bucks, with whatever rebate you can get ahold of. It took me a few hours to get used to it, i actually had to turn the brightness down to 0 and its still freaking bright.

When this happened to me...After I hooked up the secondary monitor, I had to restart, and download the drivers for the secondary. Then it worked like a charm.

Were you able to have it set up as primary/secondary? the only options im getting is clone and span, and span looks like complete crap.

I have the dualview, horizontal and vertical span, and clone setting. I'm currently on dualview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom