Which "8800[ ]" is the best to get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeller

In Runtime
I'm not doing SLi. I'm going for (as someone said in another thread) performance and value. I want a great card, but not a spending-money-just-because-I-can, barely-any-better-than-the-less-expensive card, if you know what I mean. :D

Thanks.

Either get a 3870 or an 8800GT. The GTS is overpriced for the extra little performance gain you get over a GT.

the reason we say dont buy the GTS 320/640 is that they are older, more expensive and have less performance than the GT.

WHY?!? My friend got one and it's been working great! He's no PC expert or anything, but he knows good performance from bad, or even average performance. Please inform me!

Thanks.

WHY@??@ AAAAAAAAAAH!

o_O

The old 8800gts's are based off of the g80, or an older technology.

the ati's are just about 90% the performance, for way less

WHY?!? My friend got one and it's been working great! He's no PC expert or anything, but he knows good performance from bad, or even average performance. Please inform me!
because the 320MB and 640MB versions use the G80 core with 96 shaders, which uses much more power and doesn't perform as well as the G92 cards do.

the 512MB GTS uses the G92 core with 128 shaders, and the GT uses the G92 core with 112 shaders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom