8600m(256mb) Vs. 8700m(512mb) Worth the Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use my powerbook almost every day in class and its not for facebook. But tha'ts just me. But on the gaming bit. I have several buds on my floor who splurged on a gaming laptop and they are really disappointed at the performance they get. I like the concept of dedicated graphics in laptops but not for their gaming merit, oh which they have little to none. The only laptops that are really good at gaming are the ones with desktop cpus and video cards shoehorned into them and that's $3000 for a 20 minute battery and about $1000 worth of desktop performance. I have a friend who bought an alien ware. has a desktop athlon X2 and sli 7900gtx. gets under an hour of battery and every 5 minutes he has to take it off his lap its so hot. If you really want a college laptop get a netbook. It will serve you so much better. People who tote alienwares are advertising their stupidity.

IBuyPower Computer :: Battalion 101 CZ-7 Elite Notebook

this is one of the few "gaming" laptops I recommend. its not expensive, and has the necessities. Also its 15.4inch so you can actually shove it in a book bag if you have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom