8600GTS or GT....

Status
Not open for further replies.

psp_crazy1

Daemon Poster
I've decided to upgrade my gfx card (well.. i dort of have to... since it died >.>) and I don't know what to pick. An 8600GT ( Newegg.com - XFX PVT84JUDD3 GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail ) or a 8600GTS ( Newegg.com - MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256E-OC GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Over Clock Edition HDCP Video Card - Retail ). I have the money for both, but, i just dont know which to pick, yes it sounds stupid since ones a higher model, but that's not always the best choice ;) (BTW this is for a SINGLE CARD, may do SLi in summer with new quad core c2d's)

thanks

You do understand that the 8600 cards will have a hard time handling DX10 games right? The 8800GTS 320 has a hard enough time handling benchmarks from DX10 and previews. By the time games like that are into full force you cant expect anything better than unplayable or low graphics while a card such as an X1950XT for around the same price as a GTS will handle them much much better.

I never liked ATI for their cards, but are you saying that the X1950X is better than the 8800 GTS? Good thing I didn't buy it yet..

does that mean that 1950xtx would actually work in dx-10 games but the 8600 gts will struggle in dx 10?

The 8800GTS 320 has a hard enough time handling benchmarks from DX10 and previews.

I agree with that, 8600 I don't think would be much use. Supreme Commander and Oblivion both play on highest with no lag. But my processor may hold my comp back. I am not sure.

so... you're telling me that the 8600 is crap and probally cant play any dx10 games? then what should i get? i mean, these are the first games that are coming out in dx10 and programmers still have to get used to the platform... but this card isnt gona be for years to come, just maybe till xmas then ill get a 8900gtx or something like that... but then what is the point of making dx10 cards if they barely can work on games that are dx10 compatible...

so... what should i get... under 220 or under kthx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom