8600GS 512mb Vs 7950GT 512mb

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just didnt think the x2 4200 was that bad for Battlefield games, clearly its not the best, not if you want medium to high settings and smooth gameplay anyway.

Just out of interest im going to run 3Dmark 06 with the 8600GS since its already installed, then do the test again with the 7950GT :)

An X2 4200+ and 8800gt can max all games out except cyrsis (at high res anyways) its not the cpu its the gpu. The core duo chips outperform Athlon X2's clock for clock, but not by much and and the core chips are a whole new Architecture, while Amds x2's are still athlon 64's stuck together.

AMD bashing hour? Coming from a guy with a 5000+ BE too. Any ways, like Rican was saying, any AMD dual core can run games no problem. Its the GPU that is holding you back, more then likely because of driver issues. By the way 2 weeks after I bought my X2 4800+ at 76$, it drops down to 60$. For that price, wow. Guess its because the Price of the E7200 was too close.

You two above, how come then, my gameplay is smoother with a slower card on my quad system than the faster 7950GT on my AMD x2 system?? its a no brainer the facts are right here infront of me lol

You should really double check that, because thats not right.

My guess is you have either a driver problem, or need to do a reformat. Or it could even be the card itself.

well i just did 3Dmark with the 7950GT and i got a score twice as high as i did with the 8600GS 512, so thats cool, it was worth while taking out half the pc and swapping psu's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom