$8000 dollar budget

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why not go with all Cheetah 15.4k HDDs? Don't think you will find a faster drive on the market. Average seek time is 3.5 ms, about 1/3 of the avg EIDEs, and 1 ms faster than the Raptors. Not to mention their burst transfer rate is double what any EIDE drive is.

I mean, since money is no object...

Go SLI 7800gtxs, FX-57, 2gig G.Skill LAs, dual 21in LCDs, 3tbs SCSI HD space, Thermaltake Tai-chi case, phasechange cooling, DFI Lanparty SLI-DR, get the worx. Oh wait........6600GT!!!!! LOL!!!&*%&$!!

Hmm $8000!?!? Wow..we're really going to cut corners with that budget..

You could perhaps just about afford the following system:

1.8Ghz Pentium 4 400FSB
PC2100 256mb ram
FX5200 256mb
SiS board
15 inch CRT

Good luck...

EDIT: Oh yea, I forgot to say, the money that's left over goes to me ;)

ok this is what you get

(2) 7800GTXs
(5) 250GB Sata 3.0Gb/s RAID 0
AMD Athlon 64 FX-57
Thermaltake Chi-Cha or whatever its called
DFI Lanparty UT SLi-D
Zalman CNPS9500
some 1000W PSU
2 sticks of 2GB of RAM
2 dell 24" monitors
and then eat the rest of the money :D

My next build will be in the arena of about $5300.00 when it's all said and done. If he built the same PC or similar he would still have roughly $2700 or more left. I would consider hooking myself up with some type of like 42" HDTV Plasma TV. Have it mounted somewhere near the PC. Then use an S-CABLE or DVI and connect one of the videocards to it. Then you'll have one kick ass gaming PC as well has a home theater...

This is basically what I have set up now. But my TV is a 51" rear projection HDTV. But with an additional $2700 to $3000 hell i'd go with plasma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom