$800 budget build PC

Uneducated is not a derogatory term when it's the truth which is also why I backed it up with ignorant using the literal meaning. It's quite obvious you don't understand how the architectural differences between the processors can affect performance and why the i5 is simply better. As my "article" was linked I go into simple detail as to why this is. So yes, uneducated is a term I used because you don't want to educate yourself and want to continue to argue simply to try and make me look bad. If you're going to make your leave, please do. I don't mind teaching and explaining to people who actually want to learn rather than spew names and nonsense at me and then want to diss the boards simply because they are siding with a long time contributor. I'm basically the go to guy for hardware because all I do is live, eat, and breath computer hardware, benchmarks, news, rumors, you name it.

Hey, if I were to get the AMD FX 8350, could you match me up with a solid motherboard for it? I'm flip flopping between Intel and AMD reading online and researching haha, thanks a lot for all of your help I really appreciate it.

Also, would I need a larger power supply to run an fx 8350 and a gtx 770?

Last edited:
No but as we all have basically seriously advised against an AMD build I don't see why you would want to. I even linked a review where the i5 is better than even the 8350 in 90% of the tasks benched.

Using the derogatory term "uneducated" is a acceptable way to express that viewpoint on these forums?
That is sad! Really sad! I doubt you have many contributors.
If PP is allowed to use such a derogatory term towards a individual simply trying to render different viewpoints for the OP, who will stay besides him?

I've never been so bold as to outright state AMD is better, I explained that It would work for the OP and save him money, I cannot post links?!?
As a mod you should know that I cannot post links?

I pity this forum, you guys have a silly way of handling things.
I attacked only after being attacked, as was true on the last thread....
Good luck finding people that can tolerate this nonsense and contribute effectively.

I know your upset about this little powow but drop it already. :/
I like an amd, trotters likes him one and so do you.
But when it comes down to comparising on the internet or in your face and you can see which is better.
Its best to say intel has an edge, pp is right at times but amd is still strong in mny ways.
If you feel like you can't win a debate don't say anything if you can and walk away.

This is what you mentioned on comparison:
If you insist on getting a overpriced intel cpu, the one pp mcguire recommended is $200(OVERPRICED) and requires 85watts.
You really should look into AM3+ cpus(fx series) and am3+ motherboard, they are better specs for less $.
The FX-6100 is ~$100 and would give six cores running at 3.3GHz.
The FX-8150 is a eight core with 3.6GHz and is ~$190-~$230.
With the i5 that pp recommended you would only get a quad core at 3.1GHz.
There are quad core 3.1GHz am3 cpus, they cost more due to how long ago they were last manufactured.

The 4GB 760 that pp recommended does not specify it's wattage, it uses a 6-pin and a 8-pin assuming they are standard 75W and 150W it may use up to 225W.
Those are the two highest wattage consumers for your system they would total up to 310 watts, giving you at least 290 watts for the less hungry components.

If you go with the PSU I mentioned at the top, you will be able to use non pure sine wave UPS's.

You lost that debate because a amd is not low watt chip, some are at 95 only or 95+ depending on the chip.
You read this and click tab specs it will give you a better clue of what your dealing with. :|
AMD FX Processors

Relax your nerves and come back again soon. :)

What are your thoughts on the i5-4570 compared to the i5-4440 for just 5$ more?

Just get whatever meets your price range, both look similiar to me.
If the higher end cpu model looks good just go ahead and grab it. :/

I know your upset about this little powow but drop it already. :/
I like an amd, trotters likes him one and so do you.
But when it comes down to comparising on the internet or in your face and you can see which is better.
Its best to say intel has an edge, pp is right at times but amd is still strong in mny ways.
If you feel like you can't win a debate don't say anything if you can and walk away.

This is what you mentioned on comparison:
If you insist on getting a overpriced intel cpu, the one pp mcguire recommended is $200(OVERPRICED) and requires 85watts.
You really should look into AM3+ cpus(fx series) and am3+ motherboard, they are better specs for less $.
The FX-6100 is ~$100 and would give six cores running at 3.3GHz.
The FX-8150 is a eight core with 3.6GHz and is ~$190-~$230.
With the i5 that pp recommended you would only get a quad core at 3.1GHz.
There are quad core 3.1GHz am3 cpus, they cost more due to how long ago they were last manufactured.

The 4GB 760 that pp recommended does not specify it's wattage, it uses a 6-pin and a 8-pin assuming they are standard 75W and 150W it may use up to 225W.
Those are the two highest wattage consumers for your system they would total up to 310 watts, giving you at least 290 watts for the less hungry components.

If you go with the PSU I mentioned at the top, you will be able to use non pure sine wave UPS's.

You lost that debate because a amd is not low watt chip, some are at 95 only or 95+ depending on the chip.
You read this and click tab specs it will give you a better clue of what your dealing with. :|
AMD FX Processors

Relax your nerves and come back again soon. :)
What new people on the boards don't get is I seriously wish I could tell people to get AMD and I wish I could use AMD in my machine. I miss the days when AMD was top dog or even just had a real competitive edge like when the 955BE was out.

What are your thoughts on the i5-4570 compared to the i5-4440 for just 5$ more?
It's just a slightly faster clocked chip. If you can afford it then get it.

What new people on the boards don't get is I seriously wish I could tell people to get AMD and I wish I could use AMD in my machine. I miss the days when AMD was top dog or even just had a real competitive edge like when the 955BE was out.

It's just a slightly faster clocked chip. If you can afford it then get it.

Yeah I know what your saying loud and clear, thats why I said in the past and uptil now.
Its better to know how a cpu will perform in front of your eyes before you buy or afterwords.
Don't get me wrong here if intel weren't so expensive I would I have grabbed the lower end ivy bridge chip and be done with it.
But since I chose amd the fx series its never been to me at all for under 90.00 dollars.
Two years strong and it feels like a over powered phenom 965BE or even hexacore 1055 at times ? :p

Later

Back
Top Bottom