$800 budget build PC - Page 4 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > New Systems | Building and Buying
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 03-16-2014, 11:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: US
Posts: 15
Default Re: $800 budget build PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
Like I said, it's more about underlying architecture nowadays; not purely cores/frequency.
Where's the benefit of this seemingly unfounded statement to the OP?
If you are not going to lay out facts/information to help the OP make a decision, why post?

Tell us how a intel i5 at 3.1 ghz is supperior to a 4.2 ghz fx for video encoding?
I don't know everything, tell me why a seemingly weaker cpu is better?
List facts please, making broad statements devoid of any facts/reasoning/logic just makes me certain that I am right about this issue(that intel products are overpriced).

Please explain to the OP/me why this seemingly weak i5 is worth the $90 more than the fx-4170?
__________________

7Priest7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:33 PM   #32 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,515
Default Re: $800 budget build PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Priest7 View Post
Where's the benefit of this seemingly unfounded statement to the OP?
If you are not going to lay out facts/information to help the OP make a decision, why post?

Tell us how a intel i5 at 3.1 ghz is supperior to a 4.2 ghz fx for video encoding?
I don't know everything, tell me why a seemingly weaker cpu is better?
List facts please, making broad statements devoid of any facts/reasoning/logic just makes me certain that I am right about this issue.
I'd say you should do the same, considering what I've read from your posts - haven't really seen any links to benchmarks from you either .

http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/362...440.html#bench

First few paragraphs: Your CPU and modern games: A guide to those building. (PP is also a hardware reviewer for another website)

Intel vs AMD: which processor is best? | News | TechRadar

Basically: intel has fewer, more powerful cores (although with most of i5's and i7's, you can enable HyperThreading, splitting each physical core into 2 logical cores). Because of this, Intel is better in performing single-threaded applications than AMD is (which most general applications nowadays are still single threaded).

AMD has more cores that are slightly weaker in terms of single-threaded performance - multi-threaded applications they perform well, but that is program-specific.

I'll let PP explain more (if he wishes), as I'm sure I missed many points, as he's a more knowledgeable in terms of experience/general research on the subject that I am.
__________________

__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 11:44 PM   #33 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,310
Default Re: $800 budget build PC

I did post facts so he could make an informed decision that you apparently didn't pay attention to. I also explained not only here but in a detailed long stickied thread why Intel is better for gaming and why GHz/cores doesn't equal better performance.

It's not a case of what I disagree with, it's a case of you want to argue purely biased and uneducated opinion because you want to try to make me look wrong. This is evident from the last thread and carried on to this one. If you don't believe a word I say then there is a little thing called Google which will show you the information I've been saying. Including but not limited to the review that I posted showing exactly how far ahead this "inferior" i5 is compared to the FX line as a whole.
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:07 AM   #34 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: US
Posts: 15
Default Re: $800 budget build PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
It's not a case of what I disagree with, it's a case of you want to argue purely biased and uneducated opinion because you want to try to make me look wrong.
The beauty of your reading comprehension shines yet again!

I didn't argue here, I presented some facts and some opinions.
I never stated you were wrong nor did I argue that view, learn to read please!

You love to make things personal, why?
Calling my opinions "uneducated," instead of being rude to those who view things differently perhaps you should learn to read!
Perhaps then you would direct rude statements where they are actually warranted.
The i5 performs better but costs much more, for gaming he might as well save some money and get a amd.

It's painfully obvious you are a individual with a low reading comprehension who trolls this forum, you effectively make any intelligent two way conversation from ever occurring here...
I am going to leave now, I advise you learn to read/comprehend basic English.
7Priest7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:17 AM   #35 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,515
Default Re: $800 budget build PC

I advise you to stop attacking individuals on this site.

You're the one who is making things personal and trolling from what I've seen from the last thread, as well as this thread.

Civil debate is fine, but you're the one claiming others are trolling and attacking them personally. Enough of it - if I see anymore of it anywhere, infractions are flying. Keep it civil.
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:19 AM   #36 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,310
Default Re: $800 budget build PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Priest7 View Post
The beauty of your reading comprehension shines yet again!

I didn't argue here, I presented some facts and some opinions.
I never stated you were wrong nor did I argue that view, learn to read please!

You love to make things personal, why?
Calling my opinions "uneducated," instead of being rude to those who view things differently perhaps you should learn to read!
Perhaps then you would direct rude statements where they are actually warranted.
The i5 performs better(less than half) and costs twice as much. Seems to remain a fact that intel is overpriced.

It's painfully obvious you are a individual with a low reading comprehension who trolls this forum, you effectively make any intelligent two way conversation from ever occurring here...
I am going to leave now, I advise you learn to read/comprehend basic English.
Yes because I have 17k posts worth of trolling and so many thanks on the numerous builds I've pieced together for people.

I'm done here, the OP knows the facts and is apparently rolling with it.
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:20 AM   #37 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: US
Posts: 15
Default Re: $800 budget build PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
I advise you to stop attacking individuals on this site.

You're the one who is making things personal and trolling from what I've seen from the last thread, as well as this thread.

Civil debate is fine, but you're the one claiming others are trolling and attacking them personally. Enough of it - if I see anymore of it anywhere, infractions are flying. Keep it civil.
He calls my opinions "uneducated" and I'm the bad guy.
I'm on the way out anyhow.
Funny stuff!
7Priest7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:25 AM   #38 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,515
Default Re: $800 budget build PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Priest7 View Post
He calls my opinions "uneducated" and I'm the bad guy.
I'm on the way out anyhow.
Funny stuff!
Yes, because you're issuing personal attacks (i.e. telling him his basic reading comprehension is bad, needs to learn english/grammar, etc.).

PP is stating your opinions are based on bias rather than fact - if you believe they are based on fact, then please support your arguments with links/benchmarks/etc. rather than attacking him.
__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:32 AM   #39 (permalink)
Newb Techie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: US
Posts: 15
Default Re: $800 budget build PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
Yes, because you're issuing personal attacks (i.e. telling him his basic reading comprehension is bad, needs to learn english/grammar, etc.).
Yes, Nowhere in this thread did I argue that amd is better.
Once it was stated that intel is better I simply presented the fact that AMD is cheaper and would work for gaming applications.
Nowhere did I argue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
PP is stating your opinions are based on bias rather than fact - if you believe they are based on fact, then please support your arguments with links/benchmarks/etc. rather than attacking him.
Using the derogatory term "uneducated" is a acceptable way to express that viewpoint on these forums?
That is sad! Really sad! I doubt you have many contributors.
If PP is allowed to use such a derogatory term towards a individual simply trying to render different viewpoints for the OP, who will stay besides him?

I've never been so bold as to outright state AMD is better, I explained that It would work for the OP and save him money, I cannot post links?!?
As a mod you should know that I cannot post links?

I pity this forum, you guys have a silly way of handling things.
I attacked only after being attacked, as was true on the last thread....
Good luck finding people that can tolerate this nonsense and contribute effectively.
7Priest7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 12:38 AM   #40 (permalink)
Private Joker
 
carnageX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 24,515
Default Re: $800 budget build PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Priest7 View Post

I've never been so bold as to outright state AMD is better, I explained that It would work for the OP and save him money, I cannot post links?!?
As a mod you should know that I cannot post links?
I know for a fact you should be able to post links - your post count should be high enough for them to not get caught in moderation. Even if they do get caught in moderation, it only takes a moderator to checkmark the post and click "Approve" and voila, it's visible.
__________________

__________________
Laptop: MSI GT70 2OC-059us | i7-4700MQ | 16GB | GTX 770m | 500GB SSD / 750GB HDD | 17.3" | Win10 Pro
Desktop: 4690k | 12GB g.Skill RipJaws | GTX 970 | 520hx | Z87X-UD4H | Corsair Vengeance C70 | Corsair H110 | Acer 25" | Acer 22" | Win10
Mobile: Samsung Galaxy Note 5


If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
$800, budget, build

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
800-1000$ budget New Build. efd753 New Systems | Building and Buying 18 04-27-2010 11:23 PM
Looking to build gaming machine - $700-$800 budget Abgrund New Systems | Building and Buying 10 03-25-2010 12:19 AM
Entry Quad Core $800 Budget, Check my Build zerodayATK New Systems | Building and Buying 19 02-23-2008 06:12 PM
$800-1000 budget Help me build a decent gaming PC plz saikojay System Upgrades 12 01-28-2007 05:08 AM
800 dollar build budget for gaming comp twhenk New Systems | Building and Buying 16 03-02-2006 11:10 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.